Chapter 6: Overreaction

Hiiiiiiiiiii! Someone commented! We had a brief conversation about death, and I have decided who's gonna kick the bucket.  Lotsa fun! Their name is HoO_Voltron-klance, and you should follow them right now, cause they're pretty dam awesome.  Back to the story!

Leo POV

I was numb with shock.  I couldn't believe it.  Calypso kissed my sister.  My precious, kick-butt, semi-violent sister.  Frank-Zhangly (hehehe I'm hilarious), I was shocked that Calypso was still alive.  Alma wasn't exactly merciful on cheaters or people who randomly kissed her.

I was too tired to think about this now.  Instead, I decided to go see Will about getting me released.

He frowned when he saw my cuts.  They had healed unusually fast, even without ambrosia.  However, he conceded to my release.

I went to my cabin and collapsed in my bunk.  I had no patience for organic life forms right now.

Alma POV

I walked up to Annabeth casually.  Stopping next to her, I asked her nonchalantly, "Do you know where you keep the weapons?" I knew they had them.  I had seen people with them.  Now I was gonna track down a very special one.

"In the tool shed." she responded absently.  I smirked and walked away before she could ask why.

I stopped in front of the shed and pulled the door open.  Sure enough, there was a vast collection of blades of all shapes and sizes.  Swords, knives, axes, you name it.  As I studied the clutter, something caught my eye.  I pulled away the battered hammer, and took the gleaming copper pistol in my hands.  It was perfect, and it would get the job done.  I smiled to myself. 

"Time to fuck shit up, cause I'ma go to town on that bitch!" I murmured to myself evilly.

Sssskkkkiiiipppp of le ttttiiiimmmmeeee!

Still Alma POV, pichoncitos! (Spanish term of endearment, meaning 'little pigeon', that's what I'ma call you!)

I woke up early and walked up to breakfast.  My newly acquired pistol was stuck in my overalls.  No one had noticed.  Leo was psyching himself up to talk to Calypso, and I had convinced him to do it in front of all his friends.

Bitch's goin' down.

I met up with the whole gang, including Calypso (mental fist pump!), by the lake front.

"Where's Leo?" asked Calypso, in a fake worried-voice.

"Oh, don't worry.  You're boyfriend's sleeping." The expression on her face as she realized what I knew was well worth calling Leo Calypso's boyfriend.

Sure enough, Leo showed up not long after.  He sat down away from Calypso, next to me.   I was sitting across from her, so that if she stepped out of line, she be six feet under before she could scream.

"What took you so long?" demanded Piper.

"He underwent a mental shutdown last night, so he was tired." I responded.

"What?" Percy was hilarious.

"Huh?" So was Jason.

"I was also psyching myself up." Leo put in.  He seemed to have come to terms with the cause of his 'mental shutdown', and had a sad look about him.

He took a deep breath, looked Calypso right in the eye, and said, "Calypso, did you kiss my sister?" Dead silence.

"We've already established that, yes, she did, making that a dumb question." I chided. All heads swiveled to me.

Calypso finally found her voice. "You told him?" she spluttered.

"Course, he's my brother!" I cried.

"Why, Calypso?" Leo asked, sounding like someone had thrown me off a building, or something equally sad.

"You were just going to break my heart, like everyone else!  So, I decided to break yours first!"

Several things happened at once.  First and foremost, everyone leaped to their feet, faces glowing with anger.  Piper and Annabeth charged Calypso as their boyfriends restrained them.  Hazel and Frank were shouting insults as Nico worked his death glare.  Will was attempting to reason with the lot of them.

I had pulled my gun from my side.  As Percy hauled Annabeth a little further back, I saw my opening, and pulled the trigger.

Calypso POV

They were furious.  I looked for Leo.  He was standing a little ways away.  If he forgave me, they might let me off.  Annabeth stepped out of the way alittle, and I saw her.  Alma Valdez.  She had a gun.  It was pointed at me.

Time slowed down.  I saw her beautiful face, stoic and strong.  Her deep eyes glowed with malice and hatred.  Her long, nimble fingers did not tremble as they clutched the gleaming copper pistol.  Her curly brown hair was tied back in a denim headband, out of her face.  Her slander self wore overalls, with a bra underneath, no shirt, going perfectly with her cowgirl boots.  Her lips were dark and full.  I kissed those lips, I realized, to hurt her brother.  Her broken brother who deserved nothing but love.  He would never hurt me.  He doesn't know how. 

Alma Valdez pulled the trigger.

The resounding bang echoed in my head, the last thing I would ever hear.  My life flashed before my eyes.  My father, my imprisonment, Odyssius, the pirate Drake, Percy Jackson, and finally Leo Valdez, the angel child.  I deserved this.

The bullet struck my chest.  Alma had good aim.  Pain flooded my senses, and I heard a silky voice calling me.  Without hesitation, I reached for it.

Alma POV

I blew the smoke of the barrel of that lovely weapon.  The bloody form of Calypso lay bleeding on the ground.

"She deserved it." I said simply, then turned on my heel, leaving the others shocked into stupidity.

Oh, that felt amazing! You likey? Tell me!