Chapter 8: Betrayal

It's goin' down fo real up in dis joint!  Hang in there, y'all, cuz this is happening right now!

Will POV

I walked through the forest cautiously, knowing that creatures here could take me down in their sleep.  I didn't know why I had come here in the dead of night.  Listening to voices in dreams almost never paid off, especially in times of peace.

I heard a soft sighing sound, and whirled around.  There she was.

She was breathtakingly beautiful, with long blonde hair, perfect makeup, the whole thing.  I hadn't brought any weapons.

She stalked up to me, smiling wickedly.  And to think I thought I was gay.  Nope, not anymore.  She was too wonderful.

"The has been...suspicious behavior around here, no?" Even her voice was perfect.  I nodded.

"Listen to me.  I need information on those people.  Could you be my informant?" I nodded again.  I didn't like the Valdez twins anyways.

We are skipping this time, ma pichoncitos!  Who hates Will now?

I went to see her every night.  I told her about the Valdez twins.  Their strange behavior.  Their knowing glances...

We had stopped meeting in the forest.  It was too dangerous, apparently.  As the days passed, I became more and more determined to rid this place of those ungodly, unnatural twins.

She gave me her blessing to protect me from them.  The bite was painless, and the loss relieving.

Leo POV

Something was wrong.  Will smelled different.  He had a familiar Aura about him.  It was god-awful, and I couldn't bring myself to go closer than 2 feet (60 cm to you non-Americans).  It smelled like fear and death and evil.  Two days later, the familiar ashy tinge made itself known.

"Leo!" hissed Alma one night, before we shifted, "I think that Will is becoming a shade!"

I gasped.  Shades were incredibly dangerous beings, very similar to the vampire.  Shades could not bear the sunlight if they drank another's blood, and they are formed when another side completely drains them of their blood.  When this happened, they gained speed and strength that were beyond that of a normal human.  However, even a fully formed shade was nothing compared to a shifted werewolf.

"Do you think he has his first blood chosen?" Shades made a crazy big deal out of the first human they drained.  That one generally didn't survive.

"I think that he'll go for Nico.  It makes sense.  He's pretty overprotective, even if no one else notices."

"Alma, we have to protect Nico.  We'll have to kill Will.  Eventually, I mean, what else can we do?" Alma nodded sadly.  We had to protect our friends.

It's a lot, I know.