Chapter 13: Pack

Sorry it took forever.  I'm thinking maybe 3 or 4 chappies.  Then, I'll start an original story.  I think.  I'd like a really cute soulmate AU, in the comments please.  Thank you.

Alma POV

Pain.  That's what it felt like.  Pain.  Our old foster mom didn't believe in mercy.  We lay in the basement, soaked in blood.  We could only wait, and hope.  Even if there was none.

Mrs. O'Leary POV

Pack friends are missing.

I miss pack friends.

I should see pack friends.

I walk through the darkness.  There is more darkness.  I smell pack friends.

Oh no.  There is blood.  Lots of blood.  Pain. Fear.  Pack friends are hurt.

Pack brother sees me.  I call to him.  He calls back.

It is his magic belt.  It is bloody.  He is giving it to me.

Give it to brother.  I must give it to brother.

I go outside.  I can see stars.  They are pretty.  I hear voices.  Pack voices.

I call to pack.  They hear me.  I tell them, and they listen.  I have new pack.  Pack friends keep alphas safe.  They needed alpha.  They will help.

I run.  I run to brother.  He will save alphas.

Nico POV

I worried about Leo.  And Alma, I guess.  But mostly Leo.

I stood up wearily and made my way to the campfire.  We were halfway through, when Mrs. O'Leary roared into existence.

She held a bloody tool belt in her teeth.

No one needed an explanation.  We leaped to our feet, and headed straight for that evil church hospital.

Leo POV

It was dark.  Getting darker.  Our friends were warm, but they couldn't heal our wounds.  Mrs. O'Leary was a very good dog.

Light.  From up above.  I didn't think that it was the light at the end of the tunnel.

I smelled a person.  Rain and books.  Nico di Angelo.  Shock and anger radiated from him.  He called to others up the stairs as he ran down them.  I heard Alma whisper to our friends that this was a trusted human.

I felt myself being lifted.  Carried towards the light.  I heard screaming.  Rage was everywhere.  So was fear.  Our new friends followed us.  We were safe.

A voice whispered in my ear.  I couldn't hear the words, but I knew that they were for me.  The white noise calmed me, and I sank into blissful sleep.

Hazel POV

They were hurt, very badly.  I could only pray that they would be alright.

The wolves lurked outside the window.  They wouldn't leave, not that anyone tried to make them.

Nico stayed with Leo.  Alma woke up once and shrieked at the sight of him.  Leo woke up at this, and she started gibbering in Spanish until Leo turned crimson.  She winked at a very flustered and confused Nico on his way out.

I wonder why.