Chapter 24

We finally arrive. I notice the parking lot was kinda full. A lot of motorcycles park here too. I hope people don't notice Norman. But then again if they do Norman can just lie and say we're friends again.
Ash parked. Norman got off and held the door open for me.

"You look cute.", said Norman.

"You too.", I reply.

  In fact he did. He looks so cute. His hand grab mines. I jump. I was caught off guard. His hand was rough but smooth. His fingers lock with mines. He was holding my hand kinda hard, but I didn't complain. We made our way inside. Norman held the door open for me again.

"Thanks", I said walking in.

I look around.

What the heck!?

This didn't look like a pancake restaurant.

Hmmmmm.....

It kinda looks like a bar.

Did he take me to a bar?

We sat at a booth.

He sat across from me. I saw his blue eyes as he remove his glasses.

Wow!

"Beautiful!", I said.

I clap a hand over my mouth.

Did I just say that out loud?

"Sorry.", I told him.

"Jane, thank you." He said.

"I'll be right back. I'll order us a couple of beers and burgers." He said, getting up and leaving.

"But....", I try to speak but he had already taken off.

Darn it!

I don't drink beer.

I've never try it. I just assume it tasted gross because it smell weird. I guess I'll give it a try.

Norman came back with two bottles of beer.

"Here, I'll be right back with our food.", he said, then took off again.

   I stare at the bottle he place in front of me. The cap of the bottle has already been removed. I pick it up smelling it. Yuck! To me all beer had the same smell. If Norman likes it, I guess I will too. I saw Norman coming and I quickly put the bottle down.
      He had two plates. On each plate was a massive size burger with everything on it, with a side of fries. It look delicious. My mouth began to water. He place one of the plates in front of me next to the bottle of beer. He sat down again.

"Wow!", I said, staring at the meal in front of me.

He smile.

"Taste it.", he said.

  On cue my stomach growled. I pick up the massive burger and took a bite. It felt weird he was looking at me. I felt my myself turning red.

I chewed then swallow.

It was delicious.

"Yum!", I said.

He nodded.

"See it's good.", he said.

He started eating too.

"Jane, drink!", he said.

Damn. I try avoiding it.

He place his bottle to his lips. I stare at him as he drank it.

I reach for my bottle and place it against my lips. Pretending to drink it.

He busted out laughing.

"What?", I question him.

"Jane, I'm not an idiot. You didn't even drink any.", he said, still laughing.

I felt really embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I've never try beer before. Wine I did. But the wine you bought was different because it was delicious.", I told Norman.

He kept smiling at me. I only felt myself getting redder.

"Jane, I'm sorry. Would you like something else to drink?", he said.

I felt bad. I should had just drink the damn beer.

"No, it's fine. I'll try it. This time for real.", I told him.

I pick up the bottle again, "here's my first beer.", I said.

I sip some into my mouth.

Blah.

I swallowed the cool liquid down my throat. I didn't even taste it. Very little.

He laughed and then said, "I'm such a bad influence on you."

We both started laughing.

Soon we both felt full.

"Let's get out of here", he said. I took out my wallet to leave a tip. That's when Norman stop me. "I love a woman who can pay for her own meals but I got the this.", he said.

Reaching out of his pocket and left a tip.

He stood up and reach out his hand, I grab it and stood up too. We walk out and spotted the SUV. He held the door open for me as I slid in.

"Where to boss?", Ash had ask.

"Take us down town.", he said.

I wonder what's downtown?

"Where are we going?", I turn to face Norman.

He turn to face me too, smiling. His eyes were so damn beautiful.

"To downtown. They have like a whole bunch of stands and stores. It's great you'll like it". He told me.

I smiled back him.

A familiar song started playing in the radio. My head was slowing moving to the rhythm.

"Ash, turn it on", Norman said.

I blushed. He must had seen me head dancing.

The song got louder.

"Thanks I love this song!", I shouted over the loud music.

"If you like it, then I like it.", he said.

He wink at me.

We finally reach downtown.

Oh it was like a outside mall. I've been to one of these before. We got off. Norman had put on his shades.
He grip my hand again. I felt safe but I was scared people here will surely notice Norman. He was wearing his shades but he wasn't fooling anyone. I look around making sure no one was pointing at us. So far, so good.
Norman saw a stand selling caps.

"Look!", he said and pointed at the hats.

   We walk over. I let go of his hand and walk over to a cap that caught my eye.
   He grab a black hat with the number one on it. The cap I saw was also black but it was plain. I liked it. It was simple like me. I saw the tag then frown. I could buy it but I was so use to not wasting so much money. I quickly paid for it before Norman could stop me. Don't get me wrong. I love being spoiled. Its just I always feel bad. Guilty.

Norman came rushing over. "Did you just bought that hat?" He ask pointing at it.

I nodded.

"It's cute.", he said.

"Thanks, yours too.", I said.

Norman smiled at me and I smiled back. We both walk away, wearing the new hats on our heads. He was smiling.
  A couple came towards Norman. Oh no they spotted us. I mean him.

"Hey look hun it's Norman.", the man shouted.
    More people started turning their heads, staring at Norman.

Fuck!