Chapter 16

I waited for Daisy to come pick me up. She was with Romeo. I hope I didn't ruin their date. I spot her car parked and walk over. She rolled down her window.

"Hey, sexy how much?", she said joking.

I laughed and got in.

"Hey Jane, I know a guy who can fix your car really cheap.", Romeo said.

"Really who? That would be awesome. Who is this guy and how much?", I question.

"Well I called him earlier he'll come by tomorrow. And I'm not sure how much exactly.", he said.

"Thank you guys so much for helping me out.", I said.

Ring!

Ring!

My phone started ringing.

It was Norman!

"Hey", I said.

"Hey beautiful, I just wired some money so I'll text you the pin number." -N

"Seriously you didn't have to do this. I'm really thankful. Really." -J

"Jane, stop. I wanted to help you. As long as you stay true and faithful, I would do anything for you." -N

True and faithful?

Seriously what are we?

"Look, so go pick up the money, and call me immediately after." -N

"Okay, I will thanks and bye" -J

"Bye, beautiful." -N

   I hang up first. Hearing someone calling me beautiful felt weird. It felt really weird when he force me to call myself that.

"Daisy, can you do another favor?", I ask.

"Yeah, I heard the phone conversation. I'll take you to go get the money your sugar daddy gave you.", she said laughing.

I shook my head, before replying, "It's nothing like that at all. He's just lending me money. I will pay him back."

"I can name a few ways you can pay him back", she said winking at me.

    I playfully smack her arm as we pull in at the store where Norman texted me to go.

"I'll be back.", I told Daisy grabbing the handle of the car door.

"Wait!...." she yelled, "I'm coming too!".

  I didn't mind. Romeo stayed in the car which was cool because it meant me and Daisy could talk for a bit.
We went to the front and waited by the counter. An older women with white blonde hair came over. I showed her my ID and told her the pin password that Norman had gave me. She made me sign a form before she started handling my money.
"Oh wow!" She said, "Here's your cash." She smiled at me.
She started put three hundreds out and place them in front of me. Then she took out four more. I look up at her. And she flash me smile. And took four fifty dollar bills out and six, twenties dollar bills. She place the stack of cash in my hand. My mouth drop. I turn to face Daisy who was just as shock as I was. I've never seen so much money. Wait, I've never had anyone give me so much money before. I was feeling guilty then I started feeling mad. I hardly wanted money from him and he goes and gives me a thousand and twenty dollars. Ugh! We were walking out the doors when Daisy pulled my arm.

"Jane, what the hell? Is he your sugar daddy or something? Did you guys have sex? Because no way in hell will anyone just give you money just because your friends well at least not that much money anyways.", she yelled at me.

I felt me cheeks heat up.

"I know! No and no we didn't, I swear. It's just we might be dating. I don't know!", I reply.

"How could you not know if he's your boyfriend? Like seriously" she ramble on.

I try to hush her but she smack her lips.

"Look, for real, I have no idea. But I think I need to call him and thank him and I'll ask him if he's my boyfriend or my friend.", I said.

She nodded.

  We went in the her car, where Romeo was sleeping. He stay asleep when Daisy started the car and drove away.

I called Norman.

"Yo", he said.

"Dude, really a thousand? How am I gonna pay back a thousand dollars. I'm sorry but I'm sending most of it back.", I said trying to keep calm.

"Jane, please. Keep it. Keep all of it. You don't have to pay me back, I told you, just be true and faithful. Because......... be-because.....", he was trying to finish his sentence.

What is he trying to say?

Should I ask him?

Should I?

Ugh.

I can't.

"Norman" I interpreted, "Are we?"
I started moving my hands around as if he could see me. But of course he couldn't, we were just talking on the phone.

"I don't know.....I mean......If you want that...... I am so fucking sorry. I'm never like this. I guess I just really like you.", he said.

Hearing him tremble made me smile and blush. He was adorable.

Wait!

Did he just ask to be my boyfriend?

Did Norman ask me to be his girlfriend?

Norman!

Norman wants to be with me!

Me!

Why?

  I felt sick to my stomach. My mouth was open but words couldn't form. Suddenly I felt dizzy.

"Norman", I finally spoke.

"Yes", he reply.

I started sweating from my forehead.

"Hold on......" I said while placing my hand over the mic on the phone, "Daisy.... Can you roll down my window?"

She turn back to face me with a confused look on her face.

"It's cold hun, but sure.", she said rolling down my window.

I felt the cool breeze hit my face and my breathing slow down. I finally place the phone back against my ear.
"Hello.....hello...Jane!", I heard Norman's voice yell.

"Uh........uh.......", I couldn't form words again.

How stupid can I be?

  I couldn't take this anymore. I was so mad at myself for being and sounding weird. I hang up. I threw my phone