Chapter 10 | Oops

Dating Jackson Wang is something I thought I'd never experience. But now I'm dating him, the only thing that feels different is the fact I'm allowed to hold his hand and kiss him any time I want. It's been three weeks now and things have changed. Jackson wouldn't let me sit with BTS for the first week and a half we were dating, now he's sort of okay with it. Namjoon and Jin finally got together (and honestly everyone's waiting for vkook to happen).
Namjoon warned me about Jackson, said he would break my heart. I did take his words into consideration, which he was grateful for.
I told him I trust Jackson. I honestly think he's grown up, sure, he might have his moments, but I know he loves me. I can tell, he used to look at me that way when we were kids.

//- Mark's memories, 10 years ago (Grade 1 ; Age 7)-//

"Hello everyone, my name is Jackson and I like... " a small, brown haired boy stood, eyes bright and a big grin upon his face, searching the sea of small children seated in a circle in front of him, unsure of what to say "... BamBam and Winnie the Pooh." The boy smiled proudly, in reference to his favourite fictional baby from the Flinstones and favourite fictional bear.
"Hello Jackson." the little children spoke in unison, with that, the little boy sat down.
"Nice to meet you, Jackson" The Grade 1 teacher, Mrs Lee, spoke.
The next boy jumped up, a little too quickly.
"Hello my name is Kunpimook!" The small boy practically yelled, which caused all the children to giggle.
"Okay Kunpimook, what do you like?" Mrs Lee asked, a cue for the children to shut up.
"I like...giants! Because they are big like me!" He yelled as he ran to the nearest chair, lifted himself up and puffed his chest out.
"Okay Kunpimook, you can sit down now." Mrs Lee laughed.
Kunpimook jumped down and took his seat beside Jackson.
"What's your name, sweetie?" Mrs Lee asked the small girl next to Kunpimook.
"Amber, I like fx." She spoke quickly, not even bothering to stand.
"Sound effects? That's very cool." Mrs Lee smiled and moved to the next student.
The boy stood awkwardly, everyone seemed to be interested in something else.
"My name is Jimin, I love my sister."
Without another word, Jimin sat.
"Did you say something Jimin?" Mrs Lee asked, distracted and honestly, not very interested.
Jimin said nothing, despite having been heard from other students next to him, they had no interest in the boy either.
Before Jimin could answer, the boy standing next to him stood up, ignoring the fact Jimin wasn't even properly regarded by half the class.
"I'm Jinyoung and I like puppies." The boy smiled and waved at the class before sitting down.
There were another two girls to introduce themselves before it was little Mark's turn.
With a racing heart and shaking hands, Mark stood up.
"What's your name?" Mrs Lee smiled.
Mark froze, every 28 first grader was staring at him. In a panic, Mark fell to his sitting position. Which caused everyone to laugh, it didn't help his nerves at all.
"What's your name?" Mrs Lee asked while helping Mark up, laughing herself.
"M-mar-mark." he stuttered.
"M-mar-mark." Jinyoung mocked him, Kunpimook couldn't help but join in. In a moment nearly everyone in the class was making fun of little Mark.

All but two.

Jackson and Jimin.

"Okay, that's enough!" Mrs Lee yelled, sitting in her teachers seat,
"What do you like Mark?"
"I-I....uh..like..umm" Mark stuttered, looking around desperately, trying to find something, anything,
"He likes not talking, Mrs Lee." A boy names Yugyeom spoke up, which caused the class to crack up again. Mark's face went a bright red and he quickly sat, tears threatened to fall.
"Hey, leave him alone!" Little Jackson spat and walked over to Mark and sat next to him, putting a protective arm around him. "It's not his fault!"
The whole class stopped immediately, Jackson gave them dirty looks if they dared to stare.
"Moving on..." Mrs Lee stated and continued to ask students what their name was.
The whole time, Jackson was there, even at lunch. Keeping an eye out for Mark. It was the start of a beautiful friendship.