Mind Reader

"Miss Yuri please answer this math equation please." The math teacher asked across the front of the desk.

"Yes sir." She sat up and look at the math problem on the board.

'Oh god this is hard, why does the teacher want to kill us, we don't need this in life' she thought to herself. She look at her teacher and read his mind '978'

"The answer is 978, sir." Yuri said smiling at him.

"That's correct." he said surprising. The bell rang and she packed all her stuff and got out of the class.

"How did you do that?" Her friend Cassie questioned.

"Do what?" Yuri asked back.

"Don't act dumb with me, that moment when you don't pay attention class and the teacher asks you a question and you look at them, like in the soul and answer them. It's quite entertaining if I must say." Cassie explained.

"Well, I'm glad that you pay attention to me instead of the teacher." Yuri laughed.

"No but seriously how did you do that?" She questioned again.

"I don't know, study I guess." Yuri shrugged.

The bell rang and they went on different direction. Yuri walked to her history class and sat in the back of the class and was thinking how long the period was going to be. She started thinking about her ability.

-Flashback-

"Omma, appa..." Yuri shyly said to her parents.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Her dad asked while she sat on the table where they were eating supper.

"I-I don't... Am I normal?" she said looking at them worried.

"What, what are you saying honey, of course you're normal. Why'd you said that?" Her mom asked her husband.

"Well, I think I can read people's mind." said her daughter and the woman was shocked.

"W-What?" asked her dad.

"Yeah, omma, think of a number between 1 and 1000." said Yuri and her mom thought of a number between 1 and 1000, which was 472. Yumi looked at her mom's eyes and heard the number.

"472." she said and her mom was surprised.

"That must be fate." she said but Yuri knew it wasn't.

"Appa, think of a country- no of a city in any country." she said to her dad, he knew lots of cities, he visited a lot of cities for his work.

"Toronto. You're thinking about Toronto, right?" said the young girl.

"Yeah, I am." he said surprised and looked at her wife and they nodded in agreement. Yuri was wondering what were they thinking about but she didn't want to use her power on her parents, even though she just did.

"Your uncle was right." said her mom and Yuri tried to understand.

"Bwo?" she asked them.

"When you were born he said that you were going to have powers. And he gave me this. We didn't know if you were ready or not so we waited, and well the time has come. Here, he said to give you that when you will realize the powers you have." Her dad said and she took the envelope. She excused herself to go to her room, she opened in a quiet place, she couldn't believe what was happening to her.

'If you're reading this, it means your parents already told you about me and your powers, or maybe you have discovered them by yourself. Your parents might have told you that there is a school for the people like you, that have powers. I would like you to call this number: xxx-xxx-xxxx (random phone numbers).