He's Back

Jim's POV
"I love you too, kitten."

As the words rolled off my tongue, y/n's smile grew wider. She was so beautiful. So I did what I wanted; I kissed her long and hard.

Well, I kissed her, but then my mother (damn her) interrupted us. I sighed and leaned back. "We can continue this tomorrow?" I winked and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"James." My mother said from behind me.

"Yes mum?" I took a sip from my glass then turned around.

"I have another present for you but I didn't want you opening it in front of your girlfriend." She smiled at that thought. It really was something to treasure.

"Ok what is it?" I asked then noticed a little black box in her hand. "Oh, mother... no! I couldn't possibly! We haven't even been together that long!" I protested.

"Please. Take it. I want it to stay in the family. And you know your sister isn't going to get married anytime, maybe to that dog." She rolled her eyes. She stuck the box in my free hand. "If you try and leave it here I'll just mail it to you. And then y/n might find it." She raised an eyebrow. She was a persistant women and wasn't going to stop until I said yes.

"Fine," I sighed, "I'll keep it."

"Good," she smiled and walked away.

-later that night-

I couldn't sleep. I just had another nightmare about losing y/n. It was dreadful.

She was so bloody and dying right in front of me. And I just watched her die. I had no emotion written on my face. I felt nothing. But when I woke up, every emotion a human could possibly feel flooded my body. I was a gasping mess. And all because of y/n.

I usually never dreamt anything before y/n came along. And if I did dream, it was about killing my enemies.

So I'm taking what my dreams are saying to heart.

Do I care for her like I think I do? And if so, then why am I going to leave her? I don't want to, but Sherlock expects me to go the distance. And that's exactly what I'll do.

I am a psychopath after all.

With a little leeway... for my kitten.

-the next day-

Your POV
You woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. You fixed your hair a little so it wasn't as frizzy and went downstairs.

"Good morning kitten," Jim pecked your cheek and loaded his plate with food.

"Good morning Jimmy," you smiled smugly.

"Ah good morning y/n. Did you sleep well?" Adam patted you on the shoulder.

"I did. Thank you for letting me stay." You smiled.

"It's no problem at all, we've got loads more rooms." Adam waved his hand, dismissing the thanks.

Just then a servant with a painstakingly familiar face walked in. You went pale and your eyes went wide.

"What is it y/n?" Adam asked with concern.

"No- nothing," you shook your head, still looking at the servant who was now smirking and filling up the egg plate with even more eggs. "I'm just not hungry anymore." You left them and went up to your room.

Minutes later, Jim joined you in lying on your bed.

"What's wrong kitten?" Jim took your hand and kissed it.

"It's him. But it can't be. He's dead. But it is," you were shaking your head.

"Who is it?" Jim asked in a soft, loving voice. It made his Irish accent even hotter.

"M- my brother." You said with fear. Jim looked at you with confusion and compassion.

"Are you sure? It might be someone who looks like him. Zachary's been here for a while." He said, trying to console you.

"I'm p- positive. I'd know that blond hair and black, deceiving eyes anywhere. And his name was- is Zachary. I used to call him Zach. " His eyes flashed in your mind, full of hate and dread.

"But how could he have survived?" Jim asked, looking to you for answers.

"I- I don't know," you sighed, "but he knows that I'm alive and he's working for your family so that must only mean destruction."

"Well, I'll have my parents dispose of him properly." Jim smiled reassuringly.

"Thanks," you smiled hesitantly.

"I'll give you a minute then we can go?" He got up and placed a kiss on the top of your head.

"Yeah. I'll be ready." You watched him leave then got up and started to fill your suitcase.

"Need help?" A male voice said that sent shivers down your spine and fear through your heart.

"No. I- I'm fine," you shook your head, I'm stronger than this!

"Well then maybe we can just talk," he sat down on a chair that was in your room. "How are you, sister?"

"Fine. Leave, Zachary." You stared at him with a grim expression on your face. He however, had a smirk on his.

"I don't want to," he shrugged. "And I'm good, by the way. I've been living here since the fire. They took me in and made a servant. I don't mind. They're nice people. And they're son is quite handsome, but you already knew that." He chuckled.

"What the hell do you want?" You growled.

"Nothing. Though I didn't expect to see you here, but here you are. And I suppose you're leaving? So I won't keep you." He got up and walked to the door. But before he got there, he said something that made your breath hitch; "oh and you do know that it was your boyfriend, James, that killed mum and dad?" He looked at you expectantly, "no? Oh well you know now. Toodles sister dear!" He waved then left you dumbfounded.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Well there's another chapter!
Sorry it was a little short but it definitely was juicy! And early, Im making up for that week I wasn't on.
I hope you liked it.
I'm thinking of ending the story soon,, what do you think? 20? 25 chapters?