Chapter 4 (Unedited)

Ecaterina's POV...

'I guess this is what I get for sleeping late.' I covered my mouth as I gave into a deep yawn. I blink my eyes tiredly as I walk through the doors of Ugly's skating rink. Shreesh! Shwosh! The sounds of figure skaters skating on ice made me more alert.

'Hmm, not bad.' I clutch my duffle bag that was slung over my left shoulder as I inspect the figure skaters. 'Georgi Popovich, Mila Babicheva and Viktor Nikiforov.' I stopped when I reached the edge of the skating rink.

"Cate! You came!" Viktor yelled out when he saw me standing by the edge making everyone turn their gaze at me. 'Ugh, how annoying.' A tick mark appeared as he skates at full speed towards me.

"Did you miss me?" He pulled me into a tight hug while half of his body is still inside the skating rink. 'Annoying and stupid.' I thought as Viktor rant on and on about me missing him. Just then I spotted Ugly looking at Mila as she performs a double salchow.

"Got off of me Viktor," I said as I struggle from his tight grip. "I need to go and stretch." 'Thank goodness, I was already in my skating suit.' I thought as I pushed one of Viktor's arm off me.

"Viktor get off her already." I turned my head to see Ugly and Mila coming our way. 

"He's right Viktor gives the girl some space." The red-haired girl said. 'My saviour!' He finally releases me and the first thing I did after was taking a step back for extra measures.

"I suppose Viktor had told you about me," I said as I looked up at his face for any reaction what so ever. "so let me introduce myself. I'm Ecaterina Yurievna and I'm aiming to beat a world record in figure skating." I looked at him with a sharp eye as I say that.

"So when do I start? After all, I did come here to win" The air around us then started to become tense. I gave him one of my smirks while rest my hand in my pocket with my head slightly tilted to the left.

Yakov's POV...

'Is she trying to test me?' I mentally thought while looking at her street style stance but just then the realisation came to me. 'The air around her,' I inspected her closer, 'it's different.' "Hmm, everyone off of the rink!" I yelled loud enough for Georgi to hear who was far away.

Ecaterina's POV...

"But Yakov the Worlds Junior is coming up! I don't have much time left!" He yelled as he skated out of the ice, along with Mila and Viktor. 'Georgi Popovich, very serious when it comes to competitions and has his own comical way of expressing himself.' I look at him as I go through my memory.

"You should warm up Ecaterina. He's going to make you perform." Mila interrupted my thoughts and warned me. 'I guess she's right.' I averted my eyes from Ugly and Georgi and gently place down my duffle bag on top of a metal bench before starting to stretch.

Third Person's POV...

While Ecaterina is busy doing her stretches with Mila, Viktor and Yakov were exchanging words."What do you think of her?" Yakov asked Viktor since he knew that he knew her from somewhere. Viktor has been acting slightly differently since he came back from the European Championships and it was right after Yakov allowed him to see the junior ladies division.

"She's going to bring figure skating to a new level," Viktor says knowingly, "but the only thing is her raw unprocessed talent." She was gifted heavily with figure skating but she still has yet to realise it. The only reason why, well not only but one of, Lidiya quit being her coach was that she found out that Ecaterina was a talented figure skater and would truly blossom when a coach with many years of experience take her in as a trainee. And so, she did a little research and found the perfect one for her, Yakov Feltsman.

She sent him an email and he agreed fro reasons she didn't know. But those reasons were because Lidiya put her last name, Yurievna. It was a powerful name back then, everyone adored Artur and Annabel Yurievna. Those who didn't know who they were are those who live under a rock. They were that popular, they were the power couple until they died a tragic death. But another reason why Yakov will take Ecaterina in is that Annabel was Lilia  Baranovskaya's apprentice.

Before Yakov can open his mouth to say anything, Ecaterina was already up on the ice ready. Yakov, Georgi, Mila and Viktor, stood looking at her in a pose. Her knees touching the ice, her two hands covering her face, her head bent forward, it was obviously a sad program that she will perform.

Mila took this chance and pressed the play button on Ecaterina's iPod that she gave her. Sad lonely piano music started and Ecaterina slowly rose from her position and started to skate backwards. Not too long afterwards she performed a triple flip followed by a death drop in the air.

'That's right. I am going to make everyone feel the unjust love with my skating.' Jump! Turn! Land! 'Everything must move with a gentle flow.I would need to work on that triple lutz more.' She skated to the middle of the rink and did a crossover spin and raised her leg and laid her back done to perform a layback spin and finally, she brought her leg higher and held onto the metal part of the skating shoe, a biellmann spin.

She let go a few seconds later and started to get momentum for the next jumps. A double axel, a double toe loop and finally a triple lutz followed by a hard step sequence. By now, everyone must be feeling some kind of sadness in their hearts and the rhythmic sequence will prove it 

Tears came out of Mila and Georgi's eye already but both Viktor and Yakov held in theirs. Her jumps, her spins, her step sequences were all flowing with emotions in them. She could feel sadness in herself and the rest of the spectators. This was created for all the sadness held inside her. This was the only way to express herself, through ice skating.

'A quadruple flip, a triple loop and a triple lutz!' Ecaterina yelled in her head before landing into a flying sit spin. The program is now ending and tears were flowing through Ecaterina's eyes as the song get softer and softer.

Right hand balled into a soft fist on her chest, left hand raised like she was hoping someone will touch her, to remind her that she wasn't alone, her tears running down her face slowly. It was the end of the program and Mila and Georgi had tears running down their faces like a waterfall but Viktor's tears were slow. Even Yakov shed a tear or multiple. This program brought out all of their inner sadness in them. But this was the first ever time Ecaterina landed all the jumps, performed all the spins, did everything perfectly in such rhythm to move people's hearts and minds.  'I did it.'

Triple Flip

Death Drop

Triple Lutz

Crosscover Spin, Layback Spin, Biellmann Spin

Double Axel, Double Toe Loop, Triple Lutz, Step Sequence

Quadruple Flip, Triple Toe Loop, Triple Lutz, Flying Sit Spin