Chapter 5 (Unedited)

Third Person's POV...

"Hey, sis! Look at what I can do!"  A young  Ecaterina shouts as she did a double lutz. Her older sister who was 10 years looks at her happily with a smile plastered on her young face. 

"Well, that's wonderful!" Lidiya clap with a gentle chuckle as she stood watching her sister. Ecaterina's  young emerald green eyes which she inherited from their father, shone with such joyfulness as she continued to skate in the fully hardened lake in their mansion's garden.

"Hahaha!" She giggled as she continued to glide on the ice with her hands spread out to balance her young body. 

"Lidi it's time for practice with Lilia." A young fair skin woman with blonde hair and light blue eyes went outside to tell her eldest daughter. "Do you want to join her as well Rina?" Her long curly locks swayed in the cold Russian wind as she looked at her other daughter.

"I'm okay! I'll stay out here and practice some more!" She yelled as she attempted a double axel but failed and landed on her butt. 

"What are my Королева (Queen) and принцесс (Princesses) d-"

Gasps! 'That dream. Why now?' Ecaterina sat up from her bed and place her right hand on her forehead to feel a wet substance, sweat. 

Ecaterina's POV...

'Life. What is life right now?' I continued to do my stretches as I look at everyone practising on the ice. Dark circles were clearly visible under my eyes and each day it gets darker and darker all because of that one dream that kept on replaying over and over every time I go to sleep, even a nap.

'Honestly, it isn't a nightmare so why do I keep on waking up in the middle of the night?' I got up and started to put on my skating shoes. 'Could this be a sign or something. I highly doubt that.' I got up and took off my skating guards before entering the ice rink to do some laps.

"Afternoon Ecaterina." Mila suddenly came to my side and skated alongside me. Her hair was tied into a high ponytail, just like mine, and she wore a long sleeve black top with a matching pair of tights. 

"Shouldn't Ugly be training you?" I ask her with my head still facing forward. 'That's right. I still call him Ugly and it has been a week since I performed for them. Just because he will be my new coach doesn't mean I will give him respect.' 

"You're still going on about the 'Ugly' nickname aren't you?" She laughed. 'Well, didn't you hear me say that a few seconds ago?' I quicken my pace so I could finish my laps faster and to give me some peace and quiet for a second or two. 

"Yeah, so what about it." I said when she match my pace.

~~☆~~

"Higher!" Yakov yells as he inspects me as I attempted a quadruple lutz. I got the rotations but my landing is off almost making me fall. We have been going on for about 20 minutes just too perfect my quadruple lutz for the Worlds Junior and we only have a month till it starts plus this would be my second time performing in an international competition.

Pant! Pant! 'I've been training none stop for how long? 5 hours straight and Ugly is indeed a spartan coach.' Sweat drip down my face as I held onto my knees for support. 'Okay, I can do this.' I rose my head and the first thing I saw was Yakov making a gesture for me to go to him. I glided on the ice then proceeded out of the ice while Yakov held my white skate guides. I put them on then slumped myself onto the bench next to my water bottle and drank.

"You need to work on your lower body strength more. Your jump is too low for a quadruple lutz and that is why you keep on falling to the ice." He says as I drank the soothing liquid.

"Actually, you are right with one part. " He looks at me curiously with the same straight line on his lips," My jumps are a bit too low but I don't always fall when I try to perform a quadruple lutz." I started to untie my skating laces and packing up to go.

"Anyways see you later." I slung my duffel bag over my shoulder and proceeded out of the exit.

"Hey wait up!" My body tensed up when I heard the familiar Russian figure skater yell. "You almost forgot me back there Rina." Viktor smiled carelessly. 'Rina, did he just call me Rina?'

"Don't you dare call me Rina," I said coldly as I continue to walk in the snow. "I never gave you permission to call me that. If you do next time I won't pay attention to you." I look at him with a sharp glare. 'That's right. You're lucky I'm being merciful to you Viktor. Rina is after all, only for my sister and my dead parents.' 

"And why is that?" He asks as he walked beside me.

"It's none of your concern."

Viktor's POV...

"It's none of your concern." She said to me with her same cold voice. 'How interesting.' I look at her curl as she walked. Every step she took, they bounce every time. 'What beautiful hair.' 

"What are you looking at?" She snapped when she caught me looking at her hair. "If you want to admire someone's hair then admire yours." Passers-by started to pay attention to us as we walked. I pulled up my hoodie to hide my face and tried not to gain any attention.

"But your's is gold and long." I said honestly as I took a strand of her log her with my fingers. Her face turned a light shade of pink when I leant my face towards it and smelt it. 'Spring.' My eyes widen by the strong yet soft scent of spring in her hair.

"Hey, stop it!" She yanked her silky blonde hair out of my fingers while blushing with an angry irritated face. "If you want to smell other people's hair then do it to yours! You have long hair too you know!" She yelled.

"как мило моя принцесса (How cute my princess)." 

"You're frustrating and irritating to be around you know!" She yelled with a bright red crimson face before stomping off while passers-by looked at us. 'как мило (How cute).'