Chapter 11 (Unedited)

Third Person's POV...

"This calls for a celebration!" It all happened so quickly and before they knew it, they were already at their destination. Ecaterina gazed at the sign 'Sarut dulce' printed on a big wooden board above the wooden entrance of a local cafe. 'Certainly not Russian.' Ecaterina stood there pondering what kind of language it was still in her skating dress with Viktor's grey jacket over it.

"You must be cold let's go in." Viktor took Ecaterina by her hand and pushed the dark metal handle of the old wooden door open. The second the opened the door, Ecaterina was greeted with the fresh smell of lemon. She closed her eyes and inhaled the light yet strong fragrance before getting back to her senses.

"Tch, it's not like I'm cold or anything," She turned her face away from Viktor,"I'm immune to the cold just so you know." She huffed with her other available hand propped up her hip. She took the chance to admire the interior of the welcoming cafe.

'I have never been to this one before.' Her garnet green eyes scanned the interior of the warm cafe as Viktor looked at her with a small smile on his lips.

"A seat for two I presume?" A waitress went up to them and asked with two menus in hand. Before Viktor could answer, Ecaterina took it upon herself to reply or should I say nod. The followed the early thirty woman, in silence, to a circular table.

"So, why did you bring me here," Ecaterina peeked above the given menu, "especially when I am still in my skating dress." Her eyes returned to the menu scanning for what would please her hungry stomach. Even though she had Viktor's jacket on, people may be getting the wrong idea because of it.

"принцесса," Viktor began t strike up a conversation. Right when they have been seated, none of them had talked and only waited for the food to come. It has been about 16 minutes since the had entered the cafe thus leaving an awkward atmosphere for both of them.

"Yes." She said sharply with her usual monotone voice. She rested her chin on top of her hand while her elbow was on the table. From the looks of it, she seemed angry and irritated but deep down inside, she was trying to calm her racing heart. 

Viktor opened his mouth but no words came out from it. He was nervous especially since the person he loves is sitting right in front of him with no one to disturb them. 

"Black tea for you and a lemon chiffon pie with coffee for you." The waitress places the black tea to Viktor before giving Ecaterina her lemon chiffon pie and coffee in front of her. Silence bestowed onto the two with only the sound of teacups and other utensils clanging silently. 

'How awkward.' Ecaterina stole a glance from Viktor to catch him staring at her. She immediately looked back down and stuffed a small amount of pie into her mouth. 'Delicious.' A smile made its way to her face before taking a bigger bite.

"So," Ecaterina set down her fork elegantly," tell me what is the real reason for bringing me here." Her garnet eyes looked straight at Viktor's. She sat straight as an arrow and crossed both her legs and arms. 

Viktor set down his teacup that he was holding and stared straight back at her. He was about to answer until the channel on the television had suddenly changed.

"Adelphia Anthimos had scored a total of 66.11 which put her in second place right behind the record-breaking skater, Ecaterina Yurievna."

 'Hmph, so looks like no one one will be a threat to me,' Her eyes were now glued to the television, 'but I can never be too safe.' Ecaterina frowned before tearing her eyes off the television that was now playing a short clip of her skating earlier, the quadruple salchow.