Chapter 8 (Unedited)

Ecaterina's POV...

'Out of all the people to choose from he had to choose me.' I rolled my eyes as I continued to observe Viktor. It was finally the day od the competition. Well, for the males. Ugly made me in charge of Viktor since he had to be with Georgi, who is going to make his junior debut today. But even so, Svetlana was here because she said that she didn't want to be alone back in St Petersburg and that it would be fun! 

"Hmm hum a hum hum." I turned my eyes to Viktor, who was sitting in front of his dressing table provided, humming as he had his white earphones plugged in his eyes which he is probably rehearsing his program in his head.

'So bored~' I was at the point of dying from boredom and I couldn't use my phone since I thought I would be alone in my hotel room thus making me not charging my phone overnight. As usual, I stayed up late because no one told me about me having to supervise Viktor. 

"Ecaterina," I immediately jerked up from my position on the couch and looked at Viktor surprised y the fact that he called me by my birth name.

"Yes?" I rose an eyebrow and acted like nothing happened; going back to my usual poker face expression.

"Can you tie my hair," I looked at him as if he was crazy," please." 'Me, tying his hair... Oh, please.' I was about to deny the sudden request but Viktor beat me to the chase. "Ecaterina." I sat in my spot for a few more seconds before giving into a sigh.

"Fine," I got up and started to make my way to him who looked overly happy," And it's only because you called me by my birth name." I made myself clear before grabbing the brush I saw on the table.

"Just so you know I it has been a long time since I tied anyone's hair so don't blame anything on me if your hair gets in the way of your program." His long silky grey hair felt so delicate on my hand that it made me wonder what he used to keep his hair so healthy and soft, especially since my hair was not close to being as silky as his.

"Viktor," He hummed in response, "why do you call me принцесса." I said softly that he may not be able to hear. 'I'm so sleepy. When was the last time I only slept for less than 4 hours.' I try my best to surpass a yawn but failed, immediately dropping Viktor's clump of hair I had in my hand.

"What time did you sleep yesterday." From the mirror, I saw his worried face which held concern written, particularly in his vibrant blue eyes. 'More like today.' 

"Does it really matter what time. This is normal for me." I softly said in the last part. Much softer than I usually do. I pulled back Viktor's hair and started to smooth out his hair.

"What was that?" So he didn't hear me after all.

"I said that this is normal for me." I finally had his hair tied up and immediately stepped back. "Now if you would excuse me," I said a bit temperamental, "I am going to leave." 

With that, I summoned up my strength and marched out of the room. 'Ugh,' I look down at my hands that once held glossy grey hair as my back made contact with Viktor's dressing room door. 'It was so soft.'

My world began to swirl for a second but then stop. "Coffee. I need coffee." I look ahead to find no one to ask where the nearest vending machine was but that didn't hold me back. I formed a first in determination and walked down the corridors. 

'This lane is filled with changing rooms. How hard can it be to find a simple vending machine.' I have been walking around for about a minute but all I found was nothing.With every step I took, it seemed that there were fewer people around.

'Coffee, coffee, coffee.' I chanted over and over in my head but all of a sudden, my world became dizzier than before. I wobbled over to a nearby wall, place a hand on my forehead and squeezed my eyes shut hoping it would stop. 'Coffee.'

I opened my eyes but while doing so my knees gave up on me. 'So tired.' I opened my eyes but my world was far dizzier than before. 'Help.' That was the last thing I thought before collapsing on the ground.

'Where? Where am I?' My eyes fluttered open and what surprised me the most was that I was back in my hotel room; tucked in. 'The last time I checked I was looking for cof-' It all came back to me in a sudden flash. I sat up as straight as an arrow and looked around.

~~☆~~

'What day is it?' I tried my best not to panic and grabbed my phone that was still charging on the bedside table. 'It's the day that I'm supposed to be performing!' I only have two hours until the competition starts so I immediately jumped out of my bed and decided that I should change in my hotel room and do other necessary things before leaving. 

I rushed to the bathroom with my duffle bag that I had packed previously for the competition and zipped it open once I locked the door. "Come on you can do this Ecaterina!" I hurriedly stripped out of my clothes and quickly put on my tights then followed by my dress, hair and makeup.

"Dress done, now hair." I combed down my messy curls, that hadn't been combed for two days, and immediately started to style it. I dutch braided my left side of my hair and when I reached the bottom, I twisted it into a tight bun instead of continuing the braid. 

'Now makeup.' I decided to keep it simple since I was running late. I went for a smoky light blue to a dark blue eye and winged it with a thick cat eye. I put on a little rosy coloured blush then outlined my lips in red then filled it in with my favourite red lipstick. 'Hmph, simple? I think not.'

"Thirty minutes!" I rushed out of the bathroom and picked up my other duffle bag which held my skating shoes and slung it over my shoulder after I put on my black jacket.

~~☆~~

'Please please please tell me there's a taxi outside waiting.' I prayed as I rushed out of the hotel. It was a twenty-minute drive from the hotel to the skating rink with the average amount of traffic in Moscow. 'And there is!' I sighed in relief when I found a taxi waiting outside. I hopped right in and told him where my destination was and sat down looking out the window for the whole ride hoping I got there in time.