Chapter 6

Jasmine POV

"Alright daddy. I am going now." I said bending down and kissing his cheek. He frowned at me looking at what I am wearing. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the front door.

Surprisingly, he let me go on this date with Mario. I don't know why and I didn't even try to question it when he said yes.

I walked outside and saw a nice, shiny, black Audi a4 2014. I smiled and walked up to the car. Mario got out the drivers side and came to open my door for me.

"Thank you." I said, slipping inside. The seats where leather and they are so comfortable. Mario came back in to the car and sped off.

"You look beautiful tonight Jasmine." He said looking at me then back at the road.

I was wearing a plain white long sleeve top, a tan knit infinity scarf, floral leggings, and white classical uggs. Mario said dress casual to that's what I did.

"Aww thank you. You look good too." I said. He chuckled at what I said.

"I know." He said. I gasped and hit his shoulder. That probably hurt me more than him.

"You are so stupid." I said shaking my head.

After about 20 minutes of driving, he pulled up to the Cheesecake Factory. I squealed causing him to look at me weird. I don't care, I love the Cheesecake Factory.

"I'm gonna assume that you like this place." He said parking and unbuckling his seat belt. I nodded and unbuckled mine too. I opened my door and got out, not even waiting for him to come open it more me.

"Your to cute." He said when caught up to me. He grabbed my hand entwining pur fingers. I can feel my face heating up.

We walked in to the restaurant and got a table really quick. We sat at the table and I started looking at my menu.

"Hello, My name is Alicia and I will be your waiter for today." Our waiter said, smiling at us. We both gave her our orders and then she left.

"So tell me about yourself Mario." I said taking a sip form my water.

"What would you like to know?" He asked smirking at me. I blushed and looked down at my nails.

"I just want to know what Mario is all about." I said. He nodded and rested his elbows on the table.

"Well me name is Mario Ramirez. I am Puerto Rican, black, and some kind of native American. I am 18 years old. I graduated high school with honors and I am in college on a track scholarship. I have a 12 year old little sister that lives with me. My mother died a couple of years ago right after my graduation from unknown causes and my dad....I don't know what happened to him. I have my own two story house with just me and my sister there. I work for your father and brother, and that is pretty much it." He said. Our food came right after he finished.

"Wow. That is lot. I am sorry about your lose though." I said taking a bite from my pasta.

"It alright. Now, tell me about Ms. Jasmine." He said smirking.

"Uhm My name is Jasmine Pierre. I am Jamaican, Haitian and African American. I am 17 years old and I am a senior in high school. You already know who I am related to. I just changed schools. There really isn't anything interesting about me." I said shrugging.

"I am sure there is. Like, what is your favorite color or thing?" He asked. I looked at him and shrugged.

"Purple I guess." I said. He nodded and continued to eat his food.

"So, why do you...work for my dad if you are pretty smart?" I asked him.

"Well, I had to find a quick and easy way to provide for me and my sister. I plan on stopping when I finish school. I am majoring in Business so I am going to be set after I get my degree." He said. I rose my eyebrows and nodded. He is really smart and motivated.