10. - Before I Let You Go -

Song for this chapter:

1. "Before I Let You Go" - Side A

--

2018

A few days have already passed after the first hearing and yet, Dei is still reeling from how heart-wrenching it was.  She looked at Richard many times and saw nothing but regret on his face. She wanted to take him back but the wounds he caused were too deep to be forgotten.

"Dei, check up mo na mamaya ah." her mom reminded.

"I know." she replied with a smile on her face. A few months from now, she's going to give birth to their first child. Dei knows her life will change forever but she's prepared for it. She's ready to take the role of being a single parent.

"Kumusta na si baby mo?"

"I think he's alright." she said.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of an incoming car. Dei looked on and saw a familiar vehicle parked in front of their house. She knew exactly whose car it is, it's him.

"Ako na lang haharap sa kaniya." her mom said.

"Wag na po, ako na lang." she replied. Dei stood up and then walked towards him. She put her arms across her chest and glared at him.

"Dei, can we talk?" he asked.

"Para san pa Richard? Umalis ka na lang,please." she begged.

"I'm sorry, okay? But I really don't want to lose you and our baby."

"I said it during the court trial, you will have visitation rights but that's it." she answered. Dei gulped, trying her best to keep a strong front.

"Dei, gagawin ko ang lahat para mapatawad mo ako. Please, tell me ... kahit ano man yun." he said, wrapping his hands around the metal railings of the gate.

"Subukan mong mamatay." Dei told him.

"Dei ..."

"Umalis ka na Richard, please. There's nothing left to talk about."

"Yes there is. Aalis lang ako dito pag sinabi mong di mo na ako mahal." Richard answered and her heart started beating fast.

"Richard, kung mahal mo pa ako ... umalis ka na lang."

Dei already started tearing up. She still hasn't moved on from him. And the more time she spends with him, the deeper she gets into the hole of pain he has caused her.

"Sabihin mo muna yung totoo."

"Oo na Richard. If that's what you want to hear, yes I do love you. Pero mas gugustuhin ko pang maging mag-isa kesa sa makasama ka."

--

2023

"You look happy." Maggie commented after he sat on his chair. He looked at her and smiled even more.

"I got to be with my son yesterday." he answered.

"Really? nice. Does that mean you two are gonna get back together real soon?" she asked.

" I sure hope so." he answered. Richard took a deep breath when she saw Dei enter the offfice. His heart fluttered at the sight of her. She looked beautiful, almost as pretty as to when they first met.

"Good Morning." he greeted.

"Good Morning." she replied and walked away. Richard blushed a bit and looked at Maggie.

"Ang cute mo noh? Para kang bata." she said.

"Kinilig ako eh."

---

2023

Dei quickly moved as far away from Richard as possible. Her dream last night is making her act a lot more awkward than she already does. She dreamed of them being together. Naked in bed and under the stars.

She started blushing just by thinking about it. Dei sat on her chair and opened the computer.

"Dei, what the fuck is happening with you?" she asked herself. She tried many times to shove the dream at the back of her mind but she couldn't. And now, Dei is afraid that Richard found a way back to her system. And though a part of ehr has always adored him, she's pretty sure loving him again is not an option yet.

"Hey, are you alright?" Gia, one of her co-workers, asked.

"Oo naman." she replied before smiling enrvously at her.

Dei started working. Flashes of her erotic dream still crossed a few times before she was able to completely get rid of it.

During the lunch break, he approached her. Dei took a deep breath and tried her best to act as normal as possible.

"Hi."

"Hello." he said and smiled at him. Richard smiled back and her heart dropped. That was the moment she was waiting for. He walls have been broken down again, this could be the start of their second chance.

---

2018

"Dei naman. I made a mistake I know but I love you, I still love you to the point na handa akong pumunta dito araw-araw para lang makiusap." he said. Dei's heart is too broken to feel more pain. She reached her maximum, she's just an inch away from snapping.

"If you love me Richard ... I'm begging you ... let me go."

"I don't want to."

"We're done ... you have lost me forever ... and there's no way you'll get me back." Dei answered and walked away.