4. - Let It Go -

2018

Two weeks later, Richard paid Dei a visit. He took a deep breath before he pressed the doorbell button. A few moments later, Dei showed up and opened the gate for him. He tried to smile but her serious  face prevented him from doing so. 

"Good Morning." he greeted.

"Pumasok ka na." she said coldly. Richard just let out a sigh and did. After entering the house, he quickly say the attorney sitting on the couch. He looked at Dei and she just walked past him. 

"Richard, she's Atty. Gabrielle Chan. She will help us with the annulment." his soon-to-be ex-wife said. 

"Can I talk to you sa kusina?" he asked. Dei stood up and left and he followed her. 

"Kailangan ba talaga umabot tayo sa ganito? Dei ... I still love you, you know." 

"Richard kung mahal mo ako, di mo dapat ako niloko." 

"Kaya ko lang naman ginawa yun kasi akala ko niloloko mo ako. Nanlamig ka na sa akin. Kala ko may iba ka na. Tapos yung mga ka-trabaho mo sinasabi may pumoporma sa'yo tapos hinayaan mo lang." he said, recounting all the words that some of her co-workers said. 

"My gosh ... bakit di mo ako tinanong Richard? Bakit ni minsan di dumako sa isip mo na kausapin ako tungkol dun? For the record, chismosa yung mga yun ... di totoong may pumoporma sa akin. At kung nanlamig man ako sa'yo ... sorry ... pagod ako sa trabaho pero hindi ibig sabihin na may iba ako." 

"I'm sorry." he said and held her but she pushed him away. 

"Just admit it ... nawalan ka na ng tiwala sa akin. Nagsawa ka na Richard, yun ang totoo." she said, trying to fight back the tears. Richard on the other hand is already crying. 

He tried to hug but she pushed him away again. 

"I'm sorry." Richard said. 

"Too late for that. Richard please ... if you still love ... please ... just set me free." 

--

2023

Dei took a deep breath before she entered the floor. She looked at Richard and saw him smiling at her. She tried to smile but she couldn't. With one huge sigh, she dropped the huge stack of folders on his desk. 

"Good Morning." he greeted.

"kung ikaw lang makikita ko, walang good sa morning." 

Richard grunted and then asked what the folders are for. 

"Pang-siga ... siyempre Richard, you have to study them. We'll do a meeting later today for the project." she said, rolling her eyes at him. Dei tried several times not to get mad at him but she just couldn't help herself. 

You do know that we're not gonna have the best result if you're hostile towards me, right?" he asked. 

Dei smiled at him and walked away. A few seconds before she left the floor, one of her office mates approached her. 

"Hey there, Dei." 

"Hi." she said, smiling genuinely this time. 

"Is that your ex-husband?" 

"Yep? how did you know?" she asked, bewildered. 

"Oh ... rumors. I'm Maggie by the way, good luck on your project." 

"Thank you." That's all Dei answered and walked away. She let out a sigh of relief as soon as she reached the elevator. Three months of working with Richard can pay for a year-worth of bills. Dei already promised that she's going to try to be as civil around him as possible, even though just seeing his face already makes her wanna quit. 

A few minutes after she reached her station, Richard showed up. 

"What do you want?" she asked him. 

"Go on a date with me." he said, making her heart drop. 

"Are you out of your mind?" she asked before rolling her eyes at him. 

"I'm serious. Please, kung talagang wala ka nang nararamdaman sa akin, let's go on a date para naman harmonious ang working relationship natin." 

Wanting to prove that he's nothing to her anymore, Dei agreed. 

"But it's gonna be a work date."

"Totally." he said with a smile on his face.

"Fine ... leave before I change my mind." she said and so he quickly walked away. Dei just shook her head from side to side. She's going on a date with her ex-husband and that fact is already enough for her to question her sanity. 

"You've gone mad, Dei." she whispered to herself. 

--

2018

"What if I don't want to?" Richard asked her after she pleaded to be set free. 

"Then you're gonna imprison both of us into a relationship that no longer works." 

"But we can still work it out, Dei. I promise we can." he begged, smiling at her. 

"Too late Richard ... please let me go." she said softly. Dei then unwrapped his fingers from her and walked way. Richard followed her back to the living room. After wiping his tears, the attorney handed him the divorce papers. He looked at Dei and asked if this is really what she wants. She just nodded. 

Richard took a deep breath and started filling up the forms. 

--

that's it for this part guys ^^ stay tuned for more :) xx