20. - Homecoming -

2024

"Caleb ... honey ... no ... Dad doesn't want to marry Mommy, okay?" Dei said after hearing Caleb's statement. She gave Richard a look and marched away as quickly possible. Her face turned red the minute she entered the house. Thoughts went wild in her mind. Dei imagined Richard getting down on one knee and asking her to marry him again. Two seconds later, her tongue went into a knot and butterflies filled her stomach. Dei started blushing again. She looked at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath.

"Dei, kalma lang okay? Hindi siya magpo-propose. Yun pa?"

Richard and Caleb then walked in. Dei managed to pull herself together and smiled at them.

"Tapos na mag-play?" she asked Caleb.

"Opo!" he said and ran up to his room.

"Uh, Dei. Can we talk?" Richard asked.

"Sure." Dei replied and they went back outside. She sat right next to him and looked at the house.

"Uh, Dei?"

"What, babe?" she asked. A part of her already knew what's going to happen. But she decided to wait and see so she could verify her suspicion.

"What are your plans for Caleb's future?"

"I still don't know. Bakit mo natanong?"

"Kasama ba ako dun?" Richard asked. Dei looked at him and smiled.

"Gusto mo ba?" she asked back and Richard nodded fervently. Richard smiled and got off the bench. Dei looked at him with a puzzled expression. He got down on a bended knee and pulled out a tiny ring box from his pocket. Dei's eyes widened. It wasn't a total surprise but still, her heart went wild.

"Dei Capili Mendoza .... Will you marry me .... Again?" he asked.

Flashbacks of everything that happened the last few months crossed Dei's mind. All the tears that have been shed, all the smiles she gave him, all the happy memories they were able to make. And for the first time in a long time, she could see a happy future with Richard and Caleb.

Dei looked at Richard and smiled. Slowly, she nodded and held out her hand.

Richard placed the ring on her finger and they both stood up. There were tears in their eyes, but they were smiling as well. He pulled her in for a hug. She replied by leaning in and kissing him hard on the mouth. The world slowed down and sparks flew everywhere.

That moment officially signaled the beginning of their fresh start. No more tears, no more pain, no more heartbreaks.

--

2024

Six months have passed and Richard finally reached the happiest event of his life, his second wedding to Dei. Every single aspect of their wedding was carefully thought out. Richard looked around and the music stopped for a moment. The church's door opened and he saw her glorious silhouette.

The sweet piano instrumental started and she started walking down the aisle to meet her parents halfway. Richard gulped. Slowly, she made her way towards him. He extended his arm and she grabbed onto it. He leaned in and whispered something in her ear.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"I am. Are you?" she asked back.

"I waited forever for this."

"Then let's do it, Richard. Let's get married again."

--

2025

Exactly a year after their wedding, Dei received the wonderful news from her Doctor. She held Richard's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"I'm pregnant! Finally!"

"I know, I love you." He replied and kissed her on the cheek. They exited the clinic and went to a nearby restaurant where Caleb and her mother were eating.

"Caleb, may news si Mommy." She said and glanced at Richard.

"News?" Caleb asked.

"Yes, you're going to be a kuya na!"

Caleb screamed and all faces inside the restaurant turned towards them. Dei blushed a bit and Richard left to apologize to them. Dei's son jumped off the seat and hugged Dei tightly.

"Love you, mommy." He whispered.

"Love you too."

--

2025

Later that night, Richard made two cups of coffee and joined his wife on their terrace. He looked at the stars and smiled. Finally, after many years, he finally got what he wanted. He got his loved ones back and they're going to add another member in the family.

"Love?"

"What?" he asked.

"We have one hell of a story."

"I know. But at least, we found our way back to each other." He answered and smiled at his wife. Dei smiled back and took a sip of coffee.

"Dei, may gusto akong itanong."

"What is it?"

"Na-imagine mo nab a yung future mo na wala ako?'

Richard sat down right next to her and held her hands tightly. His heart started pounding against his chest. Thoughts moved like race cars inside his head.

"Richard, never kong na-imagine yung future ko na wala ka. I guess I always waited na magbalik ka. You own my heart. You always have and you always will." Dei answered.

"Thank you, Dei. Thank you."

"For what?"

"For giving me a second chance ... for being my life ... for being the reason why I'm still alive."

"Oh, Richard." Dei said and hugged him tightly. Tears poured from his eyes. He felt overwhelmed by everything.

"Thank you for loving me, Dei. Thank you so much." He said and looked at her straight in the eyes. Dei kissed him and pinched his cheeks.

"Kelan ka pa nagging emotional?" she asked him, smiling. Richard chuckled and hugged her again.

Their second chance at love allowed them to come home to each other's arms. Richard kissed Dei's forehead and once again looked at the Northern star shining on the horizon. He smiled, wishing that this time, their marriage will last a lifetime.

--

that's it for the finale guys !! thank you for reading :)