Chapter 26*Brother trouble*

*Jasmine's Pov*

As those words came out of his mouth, I could feel my heart shattering into a million little pieces. Maybe he didn't know how much he was hurting me, by telling me this or maybe he didn't care how bad it was hurting me The last words I said to him were: "I'm done with your lies over and over, you have torn the last piece of me apart, and there is no going back to the way things were before". I ran to our room to pack my belonging and went to go stay with my older brother Nick. I haven't heard from him since I was in high school he went to prison for assault and battery to our father after he beat me and Nick was tired of seeing the pain in my face and finally did something about it.

He grabbed his metal baseball bat and beat up our father's car and when he came out he punched Nick but Nick backfired and Nick went crazy on him and beat our father so bad he had to go to a hospital. Nick was 17 going to be 18 in 3 months so they sent him to Juvie for those 3 months and when he turned 18 he still had 3 years in jail for what he did. Since I was 15 and my mom was dead and my father wasn't mentally stable I had to go into foster care. I hated it I went in 4 different foster homes before I was finally adopted by the Nicole's  and have been there until I aged out of the system and went to college.

I searched through the phone books for Nicks name and I found it in an Arizona area code (520)***-**** I called the number to some women answering she sounded like she was in her late 20's or early 30's. " Hello, I'm looking for Nick?" I asked "Yes, this is his wife Lydia speaking, is there anything I can do?" she asked back "No, I'm just looking for him I'm his little sister and I just needed to talk to him" "OH, ok I'll tell him to call you when he gets off work, bye"