Chapter 2

CASSIE HAMPTON

I rolled over in Gemma's bed and looked at the clock, 12:43 AM, she's still not home.

I took my phone from the night stand to check if she had text or called. I was joking when I told Ash to have her back before midnight because I knew Ashton's reservations were at 7:30 so they should've been back by 11 at the least.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, she's probably going to sleep over. I mean it's their one year anniversary after all. Something just feels off.

I know I'm going to regret what I'm about to do. I walked down the hall quietly until I reached Harry's room. I knocked on the door softly, and waited for an answer. If he's asleep I'm just going to go back into Gemma's room and wait for her.

Seconds later, the door opened and a tired looking Harry stood there, "Um, did I wake you?"

"No, I was about to go to sleep. What do you want?" He said blankly. Harsh Much?

"Jeez, I just wanted to if you heard from Gemma, or Ash?'

"Yep," he said with a shrug. "They should be here soon, Gemma texted me about two hours ago telling me to tell you not to wait up. Guess I forgot." He said with another shrug. I rolled my eyes,

"You're such an ass." I spat. he chuckled, I don't see what's funny. I turned around to walk away, and felt Harry's grip on my wrist, causing me to turn around and look at him.

"Good Night Cassie." he smiled again. Just as I was about to respond, I heard the front door open down stairs. I walked over towards the stairs to peek down at the door.

"I'm Hooommeee." Gemma yelled along with a slurred laugh. Is she drunk? And yelling, doesn't she understand its 1 o'clock in the morning? Anne will kill her if she found her in this state.

"Shhh, babe you're going to wake someone." Ashton laughed too. They're both drunk? Not good!

They made their way up the steps, and stopped when they saw Harry and I just standing in the hallway.

"Hey Guysss! Cassie, c'mon lets go shopping." Gemma said as grabbed me and headed back to the strairs. Thanks heavens for my strength, because I grabbed her right before she slipped off the top step.

"C'mon Gem, we'll go shopping tomorrow, okay?"

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise. Lets go to sleep."

****

"Gem, get up, you need to change out of that dress."

"No Cass, we're pretending it's a niiight gown." she said continuing to slur he words.

"Whatever."

"C'mon Cassie lay down."

"Um- I'll be right back."

"Cass-" I left the room before she could protest otherwise.

Walking the same path I had earlier, I stopped at Harry's door.

He opened it quickly, looking way less tired than he had earlier.

"Tell Ash to go in there with Gemma, she's an annoying drunk."

He starred at me, not moving a muscle until I snapped my fingers in his face. "Hello, Earth to Harold."

"Oh, my bad, What'd you'd say?"

"Tell, Ash to go in there with Gemma, I cant sleep with her while she's drunk."

"Ok, but where will you sleep? You're welcome to share my bed." he said cockly.