Chapter 4

Cassie's POV

When I arrived home my mother was sitting at the kitchen table with a coffee mug in her hand, but any one with eyes at this point would know that what was in that mug was far from coffee.

"Cassie! So nice to have you back!" She slurred sarcastically. "Did you have fun being a slut all weekend?"

"Mum, I was with Gemma-"

"And Harry, And all his guy friends." she stated. "Tell me! Was it fun to get a train ran on you."

My mouth hit the floor. God how I wish Brent were still here! "Mum, no one ran anything on me! I'm still a -"

"Whore? Bitch? Slut? Ha! Cassandra tell me something I don't know."

"Why do you do this to me ?!" I screamed, tears threatening to fall.

"Do what to you?"

"Treat me like I'm not even your child!"

"You stopped being me child when you killed my fucking son!" She Screamed.

That's it. "I didn't kill you're fucking son you bitch! You killed your own goddam son! You knew you were drunk of your ass but yet you still told Brent to come with you to go buy more fucking alcohol. You shouldn't have let Brent get in that damn car with you! It's your fault! You did-" I was cut off from a hard punch in the face. Not a slap, a closed fist punch.

That sent me over the edge! My Mum has been verbally abusing me since the day my brother was killed four years ago. But the worst part is she blames me for his death when she knows it's her own fault.

Blood poured from my nose, and pain shot from my face. I know from the snap I heard when she hit me that it's broken. I'm still in shock. Her abuse has always been verbal, she's never hurt me phisically, but the first time she does she breaks my goddam nose. Fucking perfect!

"I'm leaving." I say very calmly.

"No you're not!" She yelled at me.

"Yes the hell I am! And you won't stop me." I yelled back at her. She went to reach for my arm to snatch me back but I was too quick for her. Especially in her 'drunken' state.

I sped out the front door, walked a few houses down and sat on the steps of a vacant house.

I pulled my phone from where it rest in my pocket and dialed Gemmas number. But with my amazing luck she didn't answer the first time, or the second, or third. FML!

That leaves me with the one thing I don't want to do, which is call Harry. Seriously, I need more friends with cars.

I search through my contacts and find his number under the name 'dick'. Yeah I knew his number would come in handy one day.

I clicked call, and it rand three times before he answered. "Hey babe. miss me already?"

I didn't notice I was crying until my voice cracked when I spoke. I NEVER Cry. "H-Harry, can y-you p-please come pick me up?"

"Oh God, you're crying! Are you ok? where are you? how far-" I heard loud voices in the background. Something about 'your sisters best friend' but it could've been something else. "Calum, shut the fuck up!" he yelled to the person in the background. "Where are you Cassie?"

"I'm At Hom-"

"I'm on my way!" He hung up before I could finish my sentence.

I then got up from the random stairs I was just sitting on and made my way back to my own house, and sat on curb.

Not ten minutes later, Harry came flying down the street. I jumped back onto the sidewalk afraid he was going to lose control.

He stopped the car and jumped out before it was completely stopped. Next thing I know, my back is pushed up against the car with my face being held in his large hands.