Making it official

Let us always meet each other with smiles, for the smile is the beginning of love -  Mother Theresa

I'm very sorry , I said sobbing my heart out.

Ya Allah! wai hawayen ki baya karewa ne? (don't you get tired of crying?). You have made it a habit to start crying anytime you call me. he said in a stern voice.

 But I just wanted to say I'm sorry ai, I said sulkily.

Okay I've heard you. He said trying to downplay everything.

Why are you turning this into a joke, I'm trying to apologize here I said rolling my eyes.

Don't roll your eyes at me young lady, I've heard you and I'm sorry too. This past day has been the most painful day of my life, I can't stand the thought of losing you babe. Let's not fight again.

Okay, and my answer is yes!! I said grinning. This was how the heartache and pain ended and a new phase of our life started.

Love blossomed, I went back to my love struck puppy life. I remember when I first met his mother, I was so scared of being criticized and not being accepted. she was the sweetest woman I had met in a long time. She had a beautiful smile and a beautiful heart to go with it. She was charming and I realized were her son got his charming, charismatic personality and the looks from. Like my mother, She was also widowed at a young age with 5 kids and I couldn't help but see her in high esteem for raising her kids all by her self after family had turned their backs on them after the death of her husband.

When he told me we needed to visit his mother because had been asking to see me, I grew panicked as I had never met anyone's mother, I was so beside myself with worry that she wasn't going to like me or if she was going to be one of those snobbish mothers-in-law. The girls kept alternating between being supportive and a total pain in the behind.

Kai amma fa meeting the parent is one hard task, Rumaisa said.

I was nervously chewing my nails as my eyes roamed from one to the other.

Haba, Rummy ki daina bata tsoro mana (stop scaring her) why are you like that Faida said rolling her eyes at her.

Sorry I was just saying my thoughts out loud, I didn't mean any harm. Kar ki damu it going to go well, shes going to like you after all what's not to like. you're pretty, well mannered, intelligent, courteous she ticked off her fingers.

Naji ya isa ( I've heard, it's enough) with the rate you are going, my head will be the size of Oluma rock before i even get to meet her.  I said with a nervous laugh.

No but it's true, what's not to like? just be yourself and let her fall in love with you the same way her son did chirped in pearl.

Besides from his attitude I bet his mama is cool. You got nothing to worry about kawai muzo mu sha biki (let's just get to the wedding) Aisha said dancing.

Na ma fara choosing color combo na asoebi wallahi (I've started color selections for the wedding dresses).

Chill ladies, kamar kuka gaji da, abeg my mama is not tired of me yet I said.

Sit down there, I bet mummy can't wait to get you off her hands so she can get to hold more grand babies. Now you are still sharing space with her grand-kids, they all laughed. All this is because my sister is married and has a little angel that has stolen everyone's heart especially my mom.

The D-day arrived and I was a bag of nerves as usual. I got a text from him saying he was going to come pick me up from home after Zhur prayer. By this time, he had found his way into the hearts of each and every member of my family, He had practically become become what what the hausa people call dan gida (son of the family). He became everyone's favorite especially my mom. I was glad that he was loved by my family and hoped his family liked me too.