COULDN'T ASK FOR MORE

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them - Ernest Hemingway

Everything has been moving really great. school, life and most importantly our love has been flourishing. I couldn't ask for a better man. He was caring, attentive and sensitive to my needs. I could call him anytime of the day or night and he'd drop everything just to be there for me. I remember one incidence were I had called him at 3: 00am because I had a presentation the on the morrow and I hadn't completed my work. He picked up and I immediately felt bad.

I'm sorry I shouldn't have call, I didn't think before calling you.

It's okay, there's nothing to be sorry about He said still sounding groggy.

What's wrong Babe? you sound like you just had a good cry.

I have presentation tomorrow, I have 5 more sheets to go and it's 3:00 am and am sleepy , nothing is working, and my brain is fried, I can't think and if I don't finish, I'm going to fail and I don't want to fail. I said all this in one breathe while sobbing.

Shhhhh! calm down. First things first, you are not going to fail because you are gonna finish those sheets and most importantly, you are very smart.

If it means staying up with you to make sure you complete it, I will and if You need to sleep for a hour I promise I will call to wake you up so your brain un-fries he said teasingly.

You will do that for me?

I will do more than that for you if I could.

Thank you so much and sorry for being a bother, I said with a sob escaping.

I thought i told you to stop crying, you know what your tears does to me. We are gonna get through this together and you are gonna blow your jury's minds. Now go to sleep, you have 45 min and your time starts now he said with a smile.

Okay, I replied.

True to his word, at 4:00 am I was awoken by the shrill ring of my phone. he stayed on line with me telling me funny stories and jokes while I drew. Time flew by and so did my sheets and before i knew it, I was done by 8:15 am.

I'm done! I squealed.

Welcome back, he said with a chuckled.

Now go get ready, I will come pick you up by 9 if that's OK.

Don't you have class this morning? no I'm free I intended seeing my supervisor today but he mailed me earlier that he had an National ASUU meeting, sooo I'm all yours today Milady with fake British accent.

You are so full of it wallah, I said with a giggle. OK, thanks for the lift.

We aim to please, he said still with the posh accent.

Can you please stop impersonating Mr Darcy. I will see you in a bit.

see you soon Darling.

OK, I said smiling like a loon.

9:00 am sharp, my phone rang again for the second time.

Salam!

Wa alaikum salam ya Zaujati! I'm outside.

Okay! I stuttered because of the endearment, my face was on fire.

This una love na wa o! Jane said with a mischievous smile.

Jenny, no start with me o this early morning I said trying to maintain a straight face (note the tried)

Wetin I do, i was just stating the obvious. Abi Fauzy you no hear the Romeo and Juliet they were doing last night? she asked our other room mate.

Hmmm! I heard o, i can't wait to get that IV. Fauziyya said with a toothy grin.

my heart skipped a beat at her words and i hurriedly grabbed my portfolio and rushed out of the room shouting see you girls later.

I could hear Jenny's croaky voice singing 'serious love wantintin" I just shook my head and continued on my way.

After exchanging pleasantries, we started our journey to permanent site in a companionable silence. he stayed for the presentation and it felt so good to have him around, I drew strength from knowing that someone who believed in me was right there. This and many more of his acts and small gestures endeared him to my heart and before I knew it I had fallen deeper in love with him but like many couples, it wasn't always a bed of roses.

Thanchu all for reading this story, though crappy!

It will please me immersly to read your comments and votes.

Ma salam!