6

Blair's POV

I was glad to know Hayden actually liked me. I would've went straight home and texted Katie about it, but Mom was yelling at me.

"You will not date that girl or hang out with her." She told me as soon as we went into the house. I stopped in my tracks and looked at her like she was crazy.

"Why not?"

"I know her father! He's told me that she's been kicked out of his house for being drunk or high half the time and never coming home. He's told me that he caught her taking pills before and she's even cursed him out and tried to hit him! I will not allow you to date anyone who is a delinquent and a bad influence on you!" I knew about some of that, but not all. I still didn't care. I knew Hayden now and she wasn't exactly like that.

"That was the old her, she's different now. And even if so, she's still a good person. Who cares if she's done some bad things?" She got even madder. Two days ago makes her different? Maybe... to my mom it'll have to be.

"She's just moved into her house because she was worse off in her own apartment, it is recent! You've slept with this girl once already, I won't let you be around her anymore. I mean it. I don't care what you say. It's final." I laughed and shook my head.

"What's up with you two thinking you can control everything I do? I understand that I live under your roof, but who I date isn't your business. You don't have a say in that!"

"She's already rotting your brain, you're talking back to me. You never talk back to me." I threw my hands up in exasperation.

"That's because you didn't ever say anything like this to me. Like I said, I'm not trying to disrespect you. Just let me make my own decisions. If I get hurt, let me deal with it."

"No. I will not allow you to be with that girl. That's all I have to say about it. Oh, and give me your phone. I pay for that. Unless you can pay for the bill yourself since you're an adult now, I'll keep the phone." I took my phone out, turned it off then handed it to her. I knew Hayden would be calling and texting me. But I didn't want her to get the notifications. I know she could turn it on if she wanted, hopefully she won't. I want to avoid it all I can.

I stomped upstairs to my room and plopped down on my bed. My door opened and Paige was there. I smiled at her and she came over and sat by me.

"What's wrong? I head you and Mom yelling." I threw my arm over her shoulder and shook my head.

"Nothing, we're just having a disagreement."

"A huge one, huh?" I laughed and nodded. She and I laid back on my bed and watched TV until we were called down for dinner.

We went down and sat at the table. As we ate, it was quiet. I wasn't going to say anything.

"So girls, how was your day?" Dad asked.

"It was good. I had a test and I made a 100. I was the only person in class to get it. But, I helped some of the others understand why they missed questions." I smiled, her and I are so alike, but she's nicer and more patient than I am.

"That's really good sweetie! I'm proud of you. What about you Blair?"

"It was okay." I told him, as I ate. Mom stared at me across the table.

He looked between us and sighed.

"What's going on?" I stayed quiet and Mom looked at me.

"She's seeing a girl who is not the best for her and I told her she couldn't." I groaned.

"We're not even together. Please Dad, I don't want to talk about this right now. I just want to go upstairs and sleep." He nodded and I got up.

"Take the food with you." He told me. I went over and kissed his cheek.