8

Blair's POV

Hayden makes me so happy.

You wouldn't think someone so mean and asshole-ish would be so sweet.

But she is.

Lunch today was amazing. I could tell she did like how open we were at school. She told Payton that she didn't care today, but I could tell she didn't care at all. I also heard her say how she just likes to see my smile, and it makes me so giddy. I wouldn't think she'd be so great, and I'm excited to go out with her.

I got home and went upstairs for a while. I heard noises downstairs after about an hour and Dad was in the kitchen going through the mail. I walked over to him and hugged him.

"Hey honey." He kissed my head and I smiled.

"Hey Dad, how's it going?"

"Pretty good, how about you?" I looked up at him with a huge smile.

"Great! I have– Wait, I need to talk to you." He nodded and looked at me seriously. "Okay, I came to ask your permission for something because I think you should know, but honestly if you say no, I'm still going to do it." He laughed.

"Okay."

"Can I go on a date with Hayden tonight?" He looked around then back at me.

"Your mom hates her." I sighed.

"I know, but Dad she makes me so happy and giddy. She's really good to me and she even bought me vegetables chips." His eyes widened and his mouth dropped and he squealed like a teenage girl.

"Oh my gosh, vegetable chips!" I glared at him as he made fun of me and he laughed.

"I'm sorry, continue." I sighed and shook my head at him before talking again.

"She's just had a tough time. You know about what happened to her, so just give her a break. Please Dad? She's such a good person, things just got rough." He studied me before nodding.

"Yes, but I want to meet her. One of these days. And I don't mean when she's sneaking into your room. You also go back to being grounded after tonight." I nodded and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you Daddy!" I was excited, even more excited than before now.

I went upstairs and started getting ready to go out. I know it was only four o'clock right now, but she'd pick me up around 6.

I went up to my room and Paige came in. She came over and hugged me and I smiled.

"What's up?" I asked her. She shrugged and sat on my bed.

"Whatcha doin?" I grinned at her.

"I'm getting ready for a date tonight." She smiled widely.

"I wanna meet him!" I frowned. I hadn't told Paige that I was dating a girl. Shit, should I?

"She's a girl... but you can still meet her." She smiled even wider.

"That's great! When can I?" I had gotten my phone back this morning, so I texted Hayden and asked if I could FaceTime her for just a little while. It took her a while to reply but she said hold on, and FaceTimed me instead.

"What can I do for you m'lady?" I smiled and Paige peaked from behind me. Hayden was in her truck, but not driving. I wonder what she was doing.

"My sister wanted to meet you and I just thought maybe I could FaceTime you." She smiled.

"Hey Paige, I'm Hayden, it's nice to meet you. Blair's told me a lot about you." Paige eyed her.

"Like what?"