Chapter - 11 -

Ari's POV

As we walk to the infirmary a thought crosses my mind.

"Jake, what if someone sees you with me, won't that somehow damage your rep either?"

Suddenly Jake looks away and coughs lightly, strange. After a minute of silence he looks directly at my eyes.

"Look, Ari. I know I've said it probably more than once, but I'm sorry for what I said. I'm just a douche for saying this, I mean I know I hurt you. I just want you to know that I don't give a damn about what other people think. I'm Jake Black, so if they have a problem with me hanging out with you then they should tell me, and if they don't have the guts to do so then they should just shut the fuck up and leave us alone. You are my friend and nobody can change that."

I am speechless, just surprised. I never thought that Jake would say this, I have to honestly say that I expected a completely different answer. Out of nowhere I stop and hug Jake tightly.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how much it means to me that you say we are friends. I thought that you were so nice only because I help you. Thank you so much Jake." and before I can stop myslef I give Jake a quick peck at the cheek. Of course I blush immediately after I look at him and out of the corner of my eye I see Jake also blush. As our eyes meet again we both look away and stay silent for a moment.

"Uhm, right, let's hurry now so that the nurse can have a look at you. "

I just nod and we walk a little faster with still Jakes hand at my back. I let the events of today replay in my head and I find out that all in all Jake really is a nice person. Why he is going out with Rachel though is still a mystery to me. I mean come on, he is the sweetest and most adorable person I've seen and she is just the exact opposite. He always smiles whereas she tries to kill you with her glare if you even as much as think about her boyfriend. Ha, to bad he is with me now and not with her, I bet she is about to get crazy now.. Oh god, what if she hates me even more now? I don't think I can survive with Hayden AND Rachel against me...

Hayden. That makes me think about what he said earlier. He mentioned something about talking to me. What could he possibly want from me? I am sure I pretty much made it clear that I don't want anything to do with him besides tutoring. So why would he be so dumb and try to talk to me?

Maybe he wants to apologize...

Yeah right, Hayden and apologize, I think they are just to much of opposites that they don't even match, not at all. He would not even think about apologizing, never. I bet he just wanted to say something silly like how of a bad kisser I am or god knows what. But hey, I think I started to not care anymore. What happened happened and I can't change the fact that my first kiss was stolen from the kings of jerks, so what. Life goes on and I will provably find a nice guy who will cherish me and treat me the way I deserve to be treated, like a princess. Like Jake....

Pfff Ahaha that was funny. I mean I was serious about the cherish part but I do not want to be treated like a princes. They are all just egoistic wanna be barbies with silicon boobs and what not.

Bet they are exactly Hayden's type. Boobs like watermelons and only air in their head. Yeah, Hayden and Rachel would make an invincible couple - absolutely. Bad boy and Queen bitch. Perfect.

I don't even notice that we already reached the infirmary until Jake knocks on the door and a deep voice from the other side says that we can come in.  

Jake opens the door and guided me inside. I look up at him and give him a small smile to show him that I really appreciate him coming with me, because to be honest, I am kind of scared of needles and everything that is related to hospitals as such.... So it is really helping with somebody at my side. Jake looks at me and also gives me a slight smile before we hear someone clearing his throat.

"So, what can I do for you two lovely kids." The nurse says with a forced smile. He has thick black hair that slightly turns grey at the sides. They are a little bit long and pushed behind. He has strong cheekbones and dark brown eyes. He doesn't have a beard but light 3 day stubble is visible after all. The man wears a white coat which showes that he is the schools nurse. Under the coat is a black buttoned up shirt and he has normal jeens. All in all he looks like he's in his mid thirties but even for that age he seems really fit.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not into men who are clearly older than me, but he doesn't look bad....

"Well?", he directly looks at me. I am brought back to reality and just as I was about to say something Jake tells him that I hurt myself badly and he should check it.

"If that's so then please lay down and tell me where it hurts."

I lay on my stomach and tell him that my back and my sides hurt. He checks it out by groping and tells me that I probably have a light bruise. After the check up I am instructed to sleep a little and rest before the nurse will decide wether I should go home or not. 

"Thank you, sir.... "

"Blake, my name is Blake Anderson." he says and smiles at me.

"Well, thank you Mr. Anderson."  I smile back.

He excuses himself and leaves the room so that Jake and I are alone. Again. 

"Well..... I'm sorry that Rachel did this. I'll talk to her so that she and her minions will leave you alone. " Jake chuckles at the end and that makes me also laugh.

"First off you don't need to aplogize, you didn't do a thing; further I should apologize since you had to skip class. And also thank you very much." 

"No, no. It really was no problem, I'm happy I could help you, you're really a nice person and I like hanging out with you..." he suddenly looks away. If I'm not wrong it really seems like he is embarrassed telling me this. That is somehow curte. 

Before I am able to say something I have to yawn and Jake tells me that he should better go so I can sleep. 

Just after I close my eyes I suddenly feel someone kissing my forhead. I grin like an idiot and let my eyes closed. 

"Thank you for everything Jake, you're a good friend. Good night." I turn around and let myself fall asleep. 

But before the darkness consumes me I hear a light whisper.

"Sweet dreams, little Kitten." 

I am to tired to think about those words and soon I start to dream of blonde hair and blues eyes, but also of light brown hair with blue eyes. 

Whatever this means I am sure that many good but also many bad things will happen in the future, hopefully not to soon...

If only I had known better. 

******

SOOOOO SOORRY 

I hope you can all forgive me but I had a writers block and really didn't know what to write. 

but now I'm back so I will update sooner !! I PROMISE!!

 Picture of Hayden at the side ---->