Chapter 20

"dont over sell me" i told kenny. "how fast can you rap?"kells asked. "i dont know"  "shes pretty fast" kenny butted in. "rap battle?" kells said smiling. "thats not a bad idea" kenny said getting up. "studio?"

     we all made our way down stairs. "alright,  readyy?"kells asked. "uhh i cant freestyle.. well at least not very good"  "how bout this,   pick a song and we'll see who can rap it the fastest?"  "alright.  end of the road?"   "your on"    kenny told each of us to go in the booth and he'd play the beat to end of the road. who ever can rap it the fastest with the least amount of mistakes wins. kells is up first. "alright, this is your song. you should be perfect at it" care said to kells before he entered the booth. "yea but its been how long since ive performed it.." he entered the booth. he stood there with the head phones on. theres a button in the booth that'll speed up the beat. it goes up to 2.50. that may not seem like alot but it makes a difference. i used to rap this song at 2.00 easily. we dont have to sing the chores cause that'll take up time. "ready to see the master work" kells said to me smiling. "alright were gonna start off normal speed and if you can rap faster then speed it up. alright?" kenny said.

     kells nodded and pressed play. automatically he speeds it up to 2.00. the chorus passed and kells when at it. half way through he put it on 2.30. he started to mess up a bit but recovered. he rapped the last line. "Whooo!" he came out of the booth. "damn dude!"slim said.  "alright, your turn"kells said to me with that same grin on his face. i got up and went straight to the booth. i put on the headphones. "okay, you know what to do"kenny said. i nodded and pressed play. i closed my eyes and put it on 2.20. chorus passed... i went at it.

     by the middle of the song, i didnt realize i sped it up to 2.50 already. i know this song like the back of my hand. it was my favorite song growing up. i opened my eyes for a sec. and saw kenny,matt,and charlie smiling. the rest were shocked.  the song ended. "man its been a while since i've done that" i sighed and walked out of the booth. "and ya still got it" kenny said giving me a hug. "yupp"  "what the helll!" rook yelled. "haha ya i could of gone faster but. it only goes so fast.."   "god damn.."kells said. "well, what do i get now that i won this rap battle?"   "whatever you want"

     we decided that my prize is dinner at a restaurant of my choice. i chose the cheesecake factory. we all got dressed kind of dressy. we walked out the door to the car. everyone piled in kenny's navigator. next thing i know the cars full.. and theres no room for me and kells. "well, looks like we gotta take my car" kells said walking towards his black chevy camaro. i sighed and followed. i walked up, kells opened the passenger door for me. i gave him a little smirk and got in. he closed the door and made his way to the driver side.

     the cheesecake factory is a good 40 minute drive. we were right behind kenny's car the whole way. i see the exit come up. kenny pulls off the exit. kells drives right passed it. "umm, you just passed the exit"  "ya, i know" he turned and looked at me. he had a smile on his face. "so, where are we going?'  "you'll see"