The Feeling I've Always Known

When they say that being with that special someone is unlike anything they've ever known....that couldn't be farther from the truth for me.
Being with you evokes a feeling I've felt all my life.
The feeling I got slipping on my favorite pair of comfy socks on a lazy Sunday morning.
The air laden with brewing coffee and sizzling bacon.
A feeling I got as I focused in on my Grandma creating homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch.
The impatience stirring inside me as I eagerly awaited pulling the gooey goodness onto my plate and tasting it's sugary texture dissolve over my tongue.
The feeling I got sinking my toes into the warm comfort of the grainy beach sand and falling asleep to the ocean's lull.
It's a feeling I got when I fell into my dad's big, tired arms as he sat down from a day of work.
The feeling I get when I fall on a blanket covered couch and watch my favorite television show with my beautiful family.
A feeling so surreal that it would appear nearly impossible to muster.
The feeling I experience when I look deep in your eyes is a feeling so familiar to me.
I realized it when the butterflies in my stomach ceased to exist as I was caught by your embrace.
When my heart calmed it's rapid beat and the ice seemed to melt off my bones.
There's no other word to describe it.
Love.
Not the love that deteriorates and begins to fray.
Not a love that dresses up in a long lasting facade but truly embodies a underlying trickster.
No.
The love I feel with you is the love that arises when you find yourself at home.
I've known the feeling since I was a child.
You're my home.
I've known you my entire life.