21. Scars.

"I hope you understood?" Loki asked. She nodded.

"I understood. You really explain well" she said smiling. They were both sitting in his office at the table. She was unbearably close. Her knee almost touched his. When it did he blanked out and completely forgot what he was teaching her, causing him to stutter like a fool.

She was now very close to his face. She was looking at the book while he stared at her face.

She didn't notice this and suddenly looked at him. This caused their faces to be so close that he nearly stopped breathing. She stared at him and looked at his lips causing him to have a mini heart attack.

"I uhh.. Yeah that was what I covered in class" he said and very, very, VERY reluctantly tore his gaze away. She did so too. She mentally slapped herself. She had never felt like this before. Every time he talked she felt a weird sort if way. Her stomach would feel like it full of butterflies. Wait.. butterflies? No!

He was a professor!! What was she doing?!

"... is that ok?" Loki asked. This brought her to reality.

"Huh? What?" She asked.

"Um.. I said.. if you have a doubt you can call me. I'm giving you my number. Is that ok?" He asked.

"You.. you're giving me your number? "She asked as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. He nodded.

"Oh.. um y.. Yeah cool" she said.

She got up and began to pack. He wrote down the number on a piece of paper and was about to hand it over when he saw it. She had worn a black T-shirt that was loose. It slipped to the side and a little part of her shoulder was visible. A purple scar could be seen.

"What is that?" He asked. She looked at him and realized what he was talking about.

"Nothing." She said firmly and turned away. He caught her hand and pulled her close.

"Alex. Who did that?" He asked softly, dreading the answer.

"I.. just.. fell down the stairs" she said. He raised an eyebrow. With a little power he read her mind.

"... Dan?" He said. She looked surprised and then downcast.

"It.. it's not a big deal" she said in a hoarse whisper.

"Can I see it?" He asked. She looked at him for a whole before pushing her T-shirt off of her shoulder.

There was a huge bruise. It was a ghastly purple. The blood had clotted under the skin. It looked painful. He touched it and she winced.

"Oh Alex.... "he mumbled. She bit her lip.

"Its ok" she said.

"Why did he do that?"Loki asked. Anger was boiling inside of him.

"I... broke a plate and he.. took the bat to my shoulder" she said. He looked sorrowful.
She smiled, "it's ok. He was.. just drunk."

"Has.. He done this..before?" He asked dreading the answer. The look in her eyes was enough.

"... don't feel bad. Everyone has burdens.. this is just mine. I.. I should go" she said and quickly picked up her bags. Before leave she turned to Loki.

"Professor? Don't worry. I'm ok" she smiled. He nodded.

After she went he plopped on his chair and exhaled. Did it hurt her? Did she feel bad about the wound. How many times did she get beaten up?

He was never supposed to get involved in her problems. Yet here he was.