7. Guilt

Loki walked to the classroom. He was early today. The school was almost deserted. He rubbed his eyes. He hadn't slept very well. He kept thinking of the girl. He didn't mean to but he still couldn't stop himself from wondering if she was hurt. Maybe she wasn't.
He opened the classroom and froze at the door way. She was there! She was alive!

She was staring at the ground. A mixture of fear and sadness on her face. She hadn't seen him yet, she was so lost in thought.

He used his power to tune into her mind.

-----------------

"So you're telling me this is Andy's fault?! "

the man yelled at her. She shook her head. Before she could open her mouth he held her neck and presses it to the wall with immense force. She sputtered for breath.

"I  hate liars! " he growled, "lie once more and I will not hesitated to break  your neck."

He let her fall to the ground. She gasped for breath.

------------

Loki gasped. She was startled by his sound. She looked at him as he looked at her. She was wearing a black turtleneck. And black jeans. She had let her hair down.
Loki blinked  at her. She was hurt. He could've prevented it. He could've helped her. This was his fault.

"Professor?  Are you ok? " she  said softly.

He looked at her,"are you? " he replied softly.

She blinked, "yes. Why wouldn't I be? " she asked with a chuckle.  She bent down to pick up the papers he had unknowingly dropped. Her hair moved and he saw the imprint of a finger near the base of her ear. She was bruised!

It was his fault!

She continued to stare at him. He slowly made his way to the table and placed his papers. What had happened to him?

She felt the pain on her collar bone and her shoulder still throbbed. At this rate she would have to buy more concealer.  The classroom was empty anyway so she mustered up her courage

"Professor? " she asked. He turned to her. "May I just close my eyes for a few minutes. The rest of the students won't be here for atleast 30 minutes. I.. just... I have a headache"

He seemed almost sad when she said this. She became confused. He nodded and she smiled.

She sat and put  her head on her hands. The night before had been hard. Not only did she have to finish all housework but she also had a ton of homework. She had had only a few minutes worth of sleep. The pain in her neck had become sharp now. She soon drifted into a dreamless  sleep.

Loki looked at her. She had a headache? He felt guilty. She looked so peaceful sleeping. Her features however  were strained. She was in pain! he had an idea. He used his magic and soothed her pain. Her face immediately  showed relief.  She slept better.

He sighed. What was he doing?