28. CRASH!

"Hello! " a voice caused Loki to jump. He turned to find Ms. Hailey there and rolled his eyes. This woman was a pain in his...

"So Mr. Loki you left before we could finish our talk"  she said. He forced himself to smile.

"Well we were talking about Alexis?" She asks. Loki nods.

"Yes.. she has had a hard life" Loki muttered

. "That not the worst of it! " the lady says as if it was the most interesting topic not knowing that she had cracked Loki's heart. What did she mean not the worst of it? Loki blinked.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"The way the sister died.. pathetic" the teacher said, Loki readied himself.

"She died.. " the lady started but was interrupted by another voice.

"Stabbed. She was stabbed" Alexis said. Loki looked at her with grief and guilt. She remained emotionless. Miss Hailey mumbled an excuse and ran away.

"My sister was stabbed by some.. serial killer and her body was thrown into the water." She says staring lifelessly into Loki's eyes. She sat next to him. They were alone.

"She was stressed out.... she went to the park.. she always did that. Anyway.. she she went alone.... and... she didn't return... they found her the next day... in a lake" she mutters. Loki gulps. He stretches his hand out and lightly touches her leg. she holds his hand. His cheeks turn red.

"What happened to your mother? " Loki asks scared of the answer. She looks over at him and blinks as if in thought.

"you're the only one I talk to... the only one I trust.... so yes... I'll tell you.... at the cafe... I.. I have class. "

----------------

"Mom? " Alex shouted as she walked in the house, "mommy? I'm home? Are you ok? Where are you? "

The house looked empty. Alex sighed. She was tired already. She had had a lot of work the day before. Since her mom was shut off all the time.

"Mom?"She shouted. She peeped outside. Dan's car wasn't there. He was probably at work. Andy was with his friend, she had seen him near the.... the.. park.

She gulped at the memory of the park. She walked to her room and placed her bag. Then she went to her mom's room. The door was open. She opened the door while looking down. The room was so dark that she had to switch her phone on for light. She kept looking down and walking using the light as support.

"Mom. I came back. I'll cook some lunch now... "she started when sometimg hit her head. She looked up.dangling Feet? Her eyes widened. No... no...

".. mom?... MOM! "

--------------

"So that's what happened. She couldn't take the sadness and left me to deal with it" Alexis said. Loki sat with tears in his eyes. How much could one person go through?!

"Professor are you crying?" She asked worried. He blinked and a traitor tear slid down his cheek.

"I'm sorry... " he said. She wiped off the tear.

"Don't worry professor.. I... "she trailed off. Her eyes went wide. Loki's eyebrows furrowed as he turned to see what she was staring at. There at the corner of the park stood none other than Andy. He was fuming. Alexis started shivering.

"P.. professor. I have to go.I have to go now. You should too. And stay safe ok? Don't open the door for my step dad. Promise me? Ok? Stay safe." She says and runs away.

"Wait! Alexis! " he says. She just runs. Loki looks back at Andy. He had disappeared. Loki gulped. Alexis would be in danger!

------------

"SHIT" she muttered as she ran across the roads. Her heart beat fast. She turned a corner and bumped into someone.

"Alexis?" Sarah's voice sounded worried.

"Sarah?" She asked as she got up.

"What happened?" Sarah asked. Alex got up and began to back away.

"Sarah! Nothing.. I'm just gonna go and oomph! " she dashed into someone. The someone roughly caught her hand.

".. Andy.. " she breathed.

"You.. are so dead" he whispered. They were standing on the footpath of a busy street. He looked at the street and looked at her.

"Oops" he said and with full force pushed her on to the road. She stumbled backward and lights flashed into her eyes.

Sarah screamed, "ALEXIS THE TRUCK! MOVE.. ALEXIS!!"