25. Secrets

"Alex! Did you pay that electricity bill?" Dan asked. Alexis ran down the stairs.

 "Yes I did" she answered.

 "Then why isn't there current?" Dan asked angrily. She looked at the switches.                                          

"Maybe.. because.. the switch is off?" She asked. He looked at the switch.

"You're trying to sass me girl? " he asked. She backed away

"No. I was just.. " she trailed off.

 "Dont. Ever. Try to act over smart again. Do you understand?" He asks. She nods. He grips her jaw suddenly. "I said do you understand?" He said through gritted teeth.

"Yes! " she said. He left her and she winced. She packed her bag quickly and ran out. She pulled out her compact and checked her face. There was a light imprint of his fingers on her face. No one would notice that closely though

-------------TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY TISSUES ----------------------

 "Professor! " Alexis called. He jumped.

"By Odin! Alexis! You scared me! " loki exclaimed. She laughed. Her laugh was so nice.

"What are you doing here?" Loki asked. He was alone in the class.

"I was walking by when I saw you" she said smiling. In actuality she had searched for him. She didn't know why but when she felt down, he was comforting to be around. She found herself yearning for his presence when she was alone. And after the mornings episode she wanted to see him.

"Oh ok.. I.. " loki trailed off as he noticed her face. "Did he hit you?" Loki asked with a sudden rage that shocked even her.

"... no.. he just... held my face" she muttered. Suddenly it was clear to Loki. She had come to him for support! She trusted him....!

"Dont worry" she said snapping him out of his thoughts. He blinked and touched the imprints. She blushed a deep red. He pretended like he was simply seeing them when in actuality he was trying to ease the wound. He didn't have his full powers yet but he had a little magic left. She felt better and she smiled.

"Have you eaten?" She asked. He shook his head.

"Well. Eat lunch with me. I know a good place nearby? " she asked. He blinked and nodded.

"See you then! Bye! " she said and walked away. Loki slumps in his chair. She trusted him. Was he worth that trust? He didn't think so.

--------------------

Loki walked over to the teachers lounge. He opened the door and nearly groaned only Ms Hailey sat there. She smiled as he entered. He smiled back. Although his smile could be interpreted as "kill me". He sat as far as he could from her.

"Ah I told you I would tell you about Alexis didn't I?" She said. He immediately became interested.

"Yes you did" he said. She sat closer to him.

"You said the mother and father had died?" Loki said. She nodded.

"All four of them had a very hard life" she said.

"Four?"Loki asked confused. How were they four? She, her mom and dad right?

"Oh her sister too" she responded.

"She has a sister?" Loki asked. Alex had never told him about her sister! This girl had so many secrets!

"Yes. Abbeline Jennifer Smith! I always found it cute how their names matched. Alexis Joanna Smith and Abbeline Jennifer Smith. They were adorable. Abbeline was a beautiful sweet girl." She said.

Lokis heart beat fast "Was?" He asked.

"Ah yes.. Abbeline sadly passed away."