Chapter 2: Everything Has Changed

I woke up first.. I smiled. Ross was still asleep. I got up and went downstairs and saw Stormie making chocolate chip pancakes. "Hey, do you want me to wake up Ross?" I asked. "Sure sweetie." She said. I went back upstairs and walked over to Ross and tickled him. I heard him say "Stop, that tickles." I laughed.  Ross opened his eyes and saw me. "Good morning sleepyhead." I said. He smiled. "Good morning." He said. I smiled. "There are some chocolate chip pancakes downstairs with your name on it!" I said. " Yum." He said. 

We got dressed and went downstairs to eat breakfast.  After breakfast, we went back to Ross's room to talk. I sat down on his bed. "Guess what?" I asked. "What?" Ross asked. I looked at Ross. "You're supposed to guess." I said, staring at him. "Fine. You're birthday is in 3 days." ross said. "Yep. Where should I have the party?" I asked.  "You can have it in our backyard." Ross said. I smiled. "Thanks. Do you want to write the guest list with me?" I asked. I pulled out two sheet of paper and two pencils out of my book bag by Ross's bed. I gave one pencil and paper to Ross and when we got done writing the guest list, we shared each other's list. It was exactly the same. "I think we know each other a little too much." I said. We laughed. 

The list included:

Ross, Riker, Rydel, Ratliff, Rocky, Ryland, Kelly, Stormie, Mark, my two other best friends Skylar and Carrie, their family, my family, Ratliff's family, Kelly's family, and some other kids at school.

    There was an awkward silence. "I feel like we've drifted apart the past year." Ross said. I agreed. "Yeah. Between your work on set and my schoolwork, I feel like we don't have enough time to be best friends. I said. "Everything has changed." We hugged. "I missed you." I said. "I've missed you too." Ross said. We stayed hugging for a few minutes until I started crying. "Hey. What's wrong?" Ross asked as we pulled away. "I just started to think about my old life. There's something I've never told you." i said. "What is it?" Ross asked. "The reason we came here is to get away from my depression. I got bullied everyday at school. I'd come home everyday and cry myself to sleep. It had gotten so bad over the years that I-." I said. I couldn't bring myself to say it. "What happened?" Ross asked. "I almost went crazy because of all the hate I got. I just went into a depressing state. All I thought about was ways to end the depression. To end the pain. So one day, I went into the bathroom, opened the cabinet, and tried to give myself an overdose. The hate just overwhelmed me. I was found on the floor of the bathroom by my mom. I almost died, but I'm so glad I didn't. I'm so sorry I kept this from you." I said, crying uncontrollably.  He pulled me into another hug and we stayed like that until Ross had to go to work. 

    I got up from Ross's bed and went to Rydel's room. "Hey. Did you happen to hear what happened next door?" I asked. "Yeah. I'm so sorry." Rydel said.  "It's okay. At least I don't have to repeat it." I said. I sat down next to her on her bed. "to get things off your mind, let's talk about you and Ross." Rydel said. "What about us?" I asked.

 Hey guys! This chapter is called 'Everything Has Changed' by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. It fits the song because they talk about how they changed. I know you may hate cliffhangers but, It's more exciting!Love, M ;)