Chapter 4: Birthday

Hayden's POV

      I woke up and saw that I was in Ross's bed. I crawled out of bed and went downstairs. I found Ross sleeping on the couch. I instantly felt bad for him. I knelt down in front of him and shook him gently. "Hey." I said. "Good morning." Ross said. "Look, what you did for me was great but, you didn't have to sleep on the couch." I said. Ross sat up and I sat on the couch next to him. "I know. I just didn't want you to feel like you're in this alone." He said. "Thanks for everything." I said. "You're welcome." Ross said. We hugged. Stormie came in and said. "Hey sweeties." "Hey." Ross and I said in unison. "Well," I said getting up. "I am going to make some special breakfast and you will be surprised." I said. "I'll help." Stormie said. "Okay, thanks." i said. When we got into the kitchen and got out the supplies for my special breakfast, Stormie said, " I heard about your breakup. I am so sorry." "No, don't be. I'm actually glad that he broke up with me. I mean, I was heartbroken the way he broke up with me but, I was thinking about it. He never really supported me, he didn't like you guys, and he was always yelling at me." I said.  Stormie hugged us. Then she paused.

   "Wait, he didn't like us?" She asked. I laughed. "Yeah, I really don't know why." I said. "Okay, well my idea of a surprise breakfast  is chocolate chip pancakes, strawberries,bacon,eggs, nutella, toast, and waffles." I said. "Wow, that's so much food, we can die from eating so much!" Stormie said. "Well, today's a special day!" I said. "What day is it?" Stormie asked, trying to not be obvious. It totally failed. "It's my birthday!" I said. "And, I know you knew." I said, smiling.  "Dang it. I really need to work on my acting skills." Stormie said. I laughed. We fixed breakfast and called everybody down for breakfast. "Wow, this is delicious!" Rydel said. "Well, thanks." I said. Just then, Ratliff walked through the door. "Ooh, breakfast!" He said. "Here." I said, passing him a plate of my breakfast. Once he tasted it, his face lit up. "This is the best breakfast ever!" He said. "Thanks. I made it because it's a special day today." I said. Before he could ask why, Carrie and Skylar walked through the door and said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAYS!!!" I smiled. I have the best friends ever. "Thanks." I said. I heard "Oh" and "Happy Birthday" all around me and smiled. Stormie spoke up. "I have a surprise for you!" "Awe, you shouldn't have!" I said. "Oh we did." Rydel said. 

   "Come upstairs with me and let's get you dressed up for you're surprise." Rydel said. "Ok, just let me finish my food." I said. When we were done, I went upstairs and got dressed. I wore a pink and white strapless dress with pink flowers around the bottom of the dress, pink laces at the trim, a pink bow around the waist of the dress. I also wore a white denim jacket with long sleeves, pink heels with a white bow on the side, and a pink scarf to top it off. Rydel wore her black and pink tut with sparkles, a blue tank top, and black heels. Skylar wore a yellow strapless sundress with yellow gladiators and a white jacket. Carrie wore a blue and white faded dress, a white denim jacket with blue sleeves, and blue heels. You can just say that she is obsessed with the color blue. 

    When we went downstairs, they took us out to the car and we went to the beach. When we got there, Ross told me to close my eyes and hold his hand. His hands were soft and warm. "Ok, open your eyes." Ross said. I opened them and everyone said, "Surprise!" There was a  small party out on the beach. I just stood there shocked. "Wow." was all I could say. "Happy birthday, Hays" Ross said. We both smiled. I looked down and realized that we were still holding hands. We both looked at each other, blushed, then we separated our hands. I walked through the crowd, admiring what they did. "No one has ever done this for me!" I said, still shocked. There were colorful lights around the food court,  yellow and pink streamers and torches all over he place. "I love it!" i said, hugging Delly. "We're so glad you love it!" Sky said. "GROUP HUG!" We screamed. Delly, Carrie, Sky, and I group hugged. We screamed and jumped up and down like we were two years old. 

  We pulled apart and Delly looked scared. "What's wrong?" I asked. 

Skylar's POV

    We pulled apart and Delly looked scared. "What's wrong?" Hays asked. "Look behind you." I said, also scared. Hays looked behind her and freaked out. It was Luke and his new girlfriend, Mitchie. We walked over there and I asked, "What are you doing here?" "I came here to wish the birthday girl a happy birthday." He said. I looked at Hays and she was silently crying. Ross came over to Hays and started hugging her. "Get away from here. You're not wanted here. You obviously broke her heart and you have the nerve to show up here like you don't even care." Ross said. "You broke up with me over the phone." Hays said, stepping up and being brave. "You could've broke up with me in person. It would've hurt less." Hays said, walking away with Ross behind her. Luke grabbed Hay's arm and kissed her. Hays struggled to get free and was crying. "C'mon baby. You know you want more." Luke said, kissing her again. "Stop!" Hay's said. Hays hugged Ross and cried into his shirt. "I can't believe you!" Mitchie said. "We're through." Luke lunged at Hays and started beating her up. Delly grabbed Luke but he was too strong for her. Rocky and Riker came up and started pulling Luke off of Hays. Hays had scars and bruises on her arms and started crying again. Rocky grabbed me and started hugging me. I must've been crying. I thought. Rocky looked in my eyes and asked if I was okay. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said. I walked up to Hays and hugged her. "Thanks for being here." Hays said. "You're welcome." I said. 

A/N

The title of this story is called 'Birthday' by Selena Gomez. The lyrics doesn't the fit the chapter but the title does! xx Monica ;)