chapter 4: where are you?

j pov//

i woke up to the sound of my mother calling my name. they came home later than usual last night since i fell asleep before i saw either of them.

let's just say their job is complicated i guess. all because of that we had to move out here it sucks.

the only good thing about this place is being with marcus and martinus. let's hope it stays that way.

i got dressed putting on a white sweater with black leggings over it. i slipped on my uggs and grabbed my back pack.

i was feeling hung so i just grabbed an apple. i don't normally eat that much in the morning so i guess it was a lot for me.

my parents had still been sleeping since it was a long night. i was on my phone walking out of the door when i heard someone say my name.

i looked up to see the twins calling me. we met each other in the middle and started to walk.

martinus-"are you feeling a little better?"

j-"yea thanks."

i wasn't really but i didn't want him to worry. it's better he think i'm okay and have him not worry. it will make things easier.

i slipped on my headphones. i caught myself before i could start to sing again. man this is gonna be harder than i thought.

marcus-"what are you listening to?"

j-"the weeknd do you know them?"

martinus-"know them, we love their music!"

j-"cool."

i smiled and went back to listening. it was strange. it felt like marcus was watching me. he was always keeping an eye on me. i don't know whether to be flattered or creeped out.

j-"um marcus what are you looking at."

marcus-"huh? sorry i was thinking."

i nodded and went back to my phone. i went on snapchat. it was funny because martinus was photo bombing and so was marcus.

i was putting the filters on them and they were making goofy faces. it was making me feel better. once we got to school however, it made all that go away. martinus must have noticed.

martinus-"don't worry we will be right here."

i nodded my head. my first class was math i think. it was still hard getting around here. i ended up going into the wrong classes a couple times yesterday. it was pretty embarrassing.

we went to our math class and we all sat down. i'm pretty good at math so hopefully this won't be that bad.

i sat next to marcus with tinus behind us. we all opened our textbook and started to do the problems listed on the board.

the teacher said that when we finished we could do our homework which was also on the board. i'm rather quick with the work so i'll just try to get it down.

i pulled out paper and started to scribble down the problems and work them out in my head. marcus and i hardly said anything to each other the first couple of minutes.

we haven't had a very long conversation. it's just usually him asking me questions or stuff. i noticed he was struggling a bit.

j-"do you need help?"

marcus-"actually yea that would be great."

he showed me the problem and i explained how to do it. after that he was moving much faster. he was catching up to me.