Chapter 1

"I'll be back just before you know it." I told her.
I left our camp and went off to find food and more water for the both of us. I heard a tree branch snap and I took off running thinking it was a walker. I turned around for a second and looked back to see that it was gone. I looked back in front of me and fell, as the other person fell on top of me. A small branch dig into my back. I gasped loudly and squeezed my eyes shut. The person got off me.
"Ouch." i said getting up. Shooting pain went through my back as I stood fully up.
"Are you okay?" asked the person. I looked and saw light blue eyes staring into mine.
"Yeah, I just hurt my back." i said
"Turn around, let me see." he told me, so I turned around, since I can't see for myself
"Looks deep. We should take ya back to our camp." he said
"Well, it can't be that bad and I have to get my sister before anything." i said
"Okay. Let's hurry up then." he said. I took a step and almost fell down, if it wasn't for the man.
"Here, imma carry you." he said, lifting me off the ground.
"Point to where we need to go." he told me and I pointed all the way there. He set me down and I went to get here.
"No. She couldn't have just disappeared. She had to have left something, telling me where she went, why she went." i said going through things. The tent tug on the branch in my back and I fell on my knees, the man running towards me.
I saw a white piece of paper on the ground by a tree, with a rock on it. I pointed towards it and he went over to it.
I got worried because you were gone for too long. I came out to find you and when I got back, there were people here. They were going through our stuff and taking some of it. Then, this big crowd of zombies passed through. I remember that you taught what to do in times like this, climb up the nearest tree as far as you can. I know that we will cross paths again, and I want to you to know that this isn't your fault at all. If anything, you saved me from the people and zombies. See you soon. Xo -Soph
I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head no.