Chapter 16

"Guys!" I screamed and immediately everyone jumped out of their cells, grabbing their weapons.
"You just stay here." Daryl told me
"No! I'm helping." I said and picked up a shovel by the door as Daryl grabbed my hand and pulled me towards where the screaming came from.
We opened the door to the other prison building and all I saw was chaos.
There mostly walkers and I slowly walked fully in, taking in the view before me.
"what's going on?" I heard a voice behind me
"if you think about it real hard, it's chaos." I told the voice, with a little sarcasm
"We should probably help." I added and took off to the nearest walker.
Three of them came at me and one from behind.
I acted fast, kicking the one behind me down and driving the shovel through two of their heads.
I took the head off of the one behind me and Michonne took down the last one.
She sped off to fight more off before I could even thank her.
There was one crawling on the ground and put a whole at the bottom if my pants.
"You put a whole in my pants, you moron!" I yelled at it before smashing its head.
I became even more angrier at them, thinking about my family just taking off without me or my sister, she was twelve for God's sake! If there were no such things as these, then I wouldn't be alone, I would still have my family.
I dropped the shovel and stormed out the door.
Tears started pouring out of my eyes and dropped to my knees.
"I have to go." I said to myself and got up.
I ran out of the gates and into the woods.
-----------------------------------------------
Daryl's POV
I saw her storm out of the building, but I had to stay here and help.
Once we figured out what had happened, I went out, just to be stopped by Rick.
"What do you think you're doing?" he asked me
"I'm goin' to see if my girlfriend is alright." I told him
"Didn't you hear Hershel? If we go out there, we risk letting the illness out." he said
"Well she matters more than some illness." I told him and went out the door, my crossbow on my back.
"Hey! Has anyone seen Sammie?" Carl asked/shouted
"I saw her leave the gates to the woods." Tyreese told him
I took off, running into the woods.
"Samaira!" I yelled, still running and not caring if there were any walkers.
I stopped and looked around.
"Samaira!" I yelled while looking around.
"shut the freak up! You are gonna attract the undead!" I heard a voice yell to me and I look up to see a tear stained face.
I climbed the tree and sit next to her.
"Why did you run away?" I asked her
"Because everyone I get close to just takes off, either dies or just leaves me, Daryl. I should just be alone. By myself. Then I won't get hurt." she told me, looking out into the distance.
"Who left ya?" I asked
"My parents. My brother. They just left my sister and I." she said
"They just left? No reason?" I asked
"No note. Nothing." she said
"We should get back." she said and hopped down the tree, me following after her.
I guess there is more to her then I have realized. She hasn't had the best of life either.
-----------------------------------------------
Samaira's POV
Why would he care if I'm out here? He should have just left me because that is what everyone seems to do.
I started coughing, really hard.
"D-D-D-Daryl!" I yelled in between coughs.
He rushed to my side as I bent over, coughing up blood.
"Samaira, hold on." he told me and picked me up bridal style and ran.
I looked at how the sun shined on my white arm.
I watched birds fly above us.
The air blowing softly on my skin.
"C'mon. Almost there." he said as my coughing calmed a little down.
I heard the soft squeak of the gates open and people rushing to us.
I put on a bed in the same building we cleared out this morning.
A light was shown in my eyes and I started coughing really hard again.
I heard other people coughing the same way as me and knew I wasn't the only one.
I heard faint voices and heard Daryl's more clearly.
"Don't let her die!" he shouted and I blacked out.
I couldn't open my eyes, couldn't move, I could only hear what was going on outside. I was in a coma.
It has been awhile before I heard someone talk to me.
"God I miss you." I heard and felt something down my throat, giving me air
"I know that you can hear me, so I just wanted to say that I love you so much." I could hear him shed tears while talking
"They are almost back and once they do get back, you'll get better and you'll wake up again."
"It just hurts me to see your motionless body, so pale, and I miss your heart warming smile you always have." I noticed the voice didn't belong to Daryl. It belonged to Rick.
I was able to shed a tear from what he said and I just wanted to get up and tell him everything was going to be okay.
"So you can hear me. Good." he said, putting my small hand in between his two big oned.
"I miss that hug you gave the other day." he said after moments of silence.
"I know you and Daryl are together, I know, but I can't help but to confess my feelings for you. I've held them back too much. I bet you are wondering when I discovered them, huh?" he started slowly rubbing circles on the back of my hand.
"It was when I saw you holding Judith. I was just sorta dazed before I snapped back to reality. I know you knew that I have been watching you. Not in a creepy way, just in a curious way." he stopped with the circles and gently put my hand back.
"I promise I won't get in the way of you and Daryl. I just wanted to let you know how I feel." he paused, as my hand twitched
Was I waking up?
I felt a colder, different, hand take my pulse.
"she's slowly walking up. She should be up within a couple of days. Until then, keep putting air into her lungs." I heard Hershel say.
"Will do. I'll be here until she wakes up." Rick said to him as the footsteps walked away.