Chapter 9

How do you know that? What else do ya know?" he asked me and I taught him/told him more.
I put a couple drops of the milk on the back of my hand and it felt like a good temperature. I fed her and Daryl watched me, as I did.
"Why did you do that?" he asked
"To test the temperature." I said
"The baby can't tell you if something is too hot or cold, but you mostly want to focus on how hot it is." I explained.
"Impressive." I looked up and saw Rick
"Well you should be caring for your own child to be honest." I told him as he walked up to me
"Well I-i just can't right now." he said
"Why not?" I asked him
"Because if I look at her, then I think about Lori." he said
"Of course you'll think of Lori. It's just how you think of her as. My Sophia... She was a good person. She would have sacrificed anything for me, even if it was herself." I said a tear slipping out of my eye.
"Listen, I'm sorry about her, but I just need time away." he said and began to walk away.
"What of you aren't here and we need you?" I asked him in between tears  and he kept walking away
"it's okay." Daryl said, pulling me close and slowly rubbing my back.
She stopped drinking and I took the bottle out, there was only a tiny amount left.
I lightly laughed, "She was hungry." i said showing him and he laughed with me.
She yawned, showing that she was tired and I cradled her in my arms and went into my cell and make a bed for her out of pillows and put my blanket over her. I closed the cell door as quietly as I could and watched her fall asleep.
The door flew open and Daryl and I shushed Carl, Carol, and Beth.
"sorry." they said
"it's okay." I said back to them
They found where she was and watched her sleep.
You two look alike." said Carol, meaning me and the baby.
"That's what I told her." Carl said
"yeah, I can see the similarities." Beth said and I looked at Daryl
"I have to agree with 'em." he said to me and bent down to my ear, "Except you have more beautiful eyes." he whispered. I smiled and blushed a little.