Chapter 18

I put my shoes on and walked out of the building.
I felt the sun hot my skin as I closed the door behind me.
"What a fine day it is." I said smiling in a British accent.
"Yeah, it sure is." Rick laughed as he came by my side.
"I honestly don't know why it is though." I told him and looked up to his face being a little close to mine.
"Hmm. Well I know why it's a good day for me." he said, looking into my eyes.
"Oh really? Why is that?" I asked him with a small smile
He leaned down to my ear, "Because you are up." he whispered
"I rather be sleeping right now." I told him
"Yeah, me too. Well, I better go help with the garden, want to come with me?" he asked
"Um, yeah, sure." I said with a small smile
"Okay, then." he said and we walked to where they were gardening, but he stopped and looked at the outside gates.
There was lots of them trying to get in and looked like they needed help killing them off.
"Maybe I should help them instead." I told him
"Um, I don't think you should. Wouldn't want you getting hurt." he told me
"I can handle myself. Now I am going over there with or without you agreeing to it." I told him as he looked between my eyes.
"Ugh. Fine, but I want you to take this." he said and handed me a long knife.
"And this. Just in case if things get out of hand." he said handing me his gun.
"Woah. I don't even have anywhere to put this." I said examining it
"Here." he said and put in my pants, putting my shirt behind it.
I put my hand on it.
"Perfect." we said in unison, giggling afterwards.
"I will be watching you, making sure you don't get hurt. Okay?" he said and I nodded my head and started running towards the fences.
Ever since Daryl broke up with me, Rick has been acting more protective towards me.
I mean, he just gave me his knife and gun. I stopped at the fences and started stabbing their heads.
"Are you okay?" Maggie asked, breaking me from my thoughts
"Uh, yeah. I'm just fine." I said
"As fine as I'll ever be." I said and grunted taking the knife out of the head.
"you've been really different since you went into that coma." she told me as she stabbed a walker
"Well, gives ya a lot of time to think, I guess." I told her
"Have you and Daryl...ya know." I looked at her and she looked at me raising her eyebrows.
"Oh, uh..." I blushed, I could tell that it was really red too.
"No way! Wow!" she exclaimed
"That could explain that way you have been behaving lately. I'm pretty sure Carl and Carol noticed, too." she told me
I stood back, feeling a big wave of nausea.
I turned around and threw up whatever my system could find.
"Proving the answer even more." she said when I looked at her and she smiled
"No! It's just...seeing the insides of them. Their brains and organs..." I said, trying to reason out why I threw up
"Sure it is." she said chuckling and I got back to work
---------------------------------------------------
After three weeks of morning sickness, I decided to talk to Maggie about it.
"About the whole sickness thing-" I said
"I was right!" she cut me off with a big smile and pulled a test out of her pocket and gave it to me.
"So you just walk around with these in your pocket?" I sarcastically asked her, making her laugh
Now you go on and see. I want to be the first person to know, okay?" she said sweetly and I nodded my head
"Where should i go?" i asked her and she pointed towards a closed in area behind a small corner.
I walked over there and it looked safe so I did what I had to do.
I waited twenty long minutes and sighed at the results.
I hid the test as best as i could and she came up to me halfway to know, blocking the view of anyone who looked.
I nodded my head and she pulled me into a hug.
"Just...throw it. No one would be able to find it in this part of the prison." she told me and i look around to make sure no one was looking and saw Rick glance over to us.
I knew he was going to find it anyway, so i threw it.
"It's gonna be okay, I promise." she said and patted my stomach.
"I'm just scared that he's going to deny it and it won't have a father figure." I told her, shedding a tear which she quickly wiped away.
"I promise your baby will have some sort of father figure in it's life, but if it only comes down to that." she told me and I hugged her, a few more tears slipping out of eyes.
"Is everything okay?" it startled both of us and we realized it was just Rick.
"oh, uh, yeah. We are just fine." Maggie told him
"Are you okay?" he asked me, noticing the tear that wasn't supposed to come out.
"Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I said
"Did something happen that I don't know about?" he asked us and Maggie looked at me
"Uh, nope. You are all caught up in the daily gossip." I joked
"Well, alright then." he said and walked back to the garden that was growing very fast, but look back at me and a smile appeared before he tripped and almost fell.
I watched as Carl, Carol, Maggie, Sasha, Tyreese, and Glenn laugh at him. While I just giggled, feeling bad for him.
"You know Hershel, my dad, right?" Maggie asked after laughing
"I think I briefly met him." I told her and she grabbed my hand and walked with me.
"Well he will check up on you and the baby every month, okay?" she told me and nodded my head
I went inside and met the man. He seemed pretty nice and I liked him. Maggie told him what was up and that I will tell the rest of the group soon.
He looked at me and told me that I was looking good so far. He also told me that I was nine weeks along, so I am in month three.
"Wow." I said and Maggie chuckled as we walked out the door.
We stopped because everyone was staring at something.
I see what it was until it came closer.
It was Daryl.
"Oh, no." I said, suddenly feeling nauseous again.
It was ten in the morning, what did I expect?
I pulled myself away and went up against the wall and puked my guts out.
After I took some deep breaths and watched as Daryl was welcomed back.
I watched him, too, he looked concerned about me.
"are you okay?" Rick asked me
"Yeah. Just a little morning sickness is all." I told him and started walking away before he grabbed my wrist, making me stop and look towards him.
He pulled me to the side so that no one could hear us held up the test I took earlier.
"When were you going to tell?" he asked, worriedly.
"when were you going to tell that Maggie is pregnant?" he asked me and I burst out laughing
"What? What is so funny?" he asked me with such a serious face on.
"Jokes on you. Maggie isn't pregnant." I said still smiling from the laughing.
His face went pale.
"Are- Are y-. Are you p-pregnant?" he asked in disbelief
"Would it be a problem if I was?" I asked
"N-no. Of course not." he said and pulled into a hug
"I'm just so happy for you." he said.
"Thank you." I said
"Aren't you going to tell Daryl?" he asked pulling away after a few moments of silence
"W-well..." I said and scratched the back of my neck
"It's his kid, too." he told me and I nodded
"I know. But I think it's going to make matters worse." I told him and he huffed
"It's not my decision, but if you do need help, in any way, you know I'm always here for you." he said and walked off, leaving me to my thoughts.