Eleven

"Don't you fucking dare.." Seán threw a punch, but the man was too quick and dodged it. "Don't touch him! Put me down!"

"For fuck's sake, you faggots are strong.."

"Phil?" Mark said in shock. "You're... You're alive.." The man tied them up, and rebound my arm, punching me for trying to escape.

/

"You're alive.." Seán stared at me. "Holy shit.."

"It's not that exciting.." I said. "I've been starving my bum off in here, and this fucking knife as been in my thigh since May... What's the date?"

"Uh.. June 4.." Mark said.

"Poor Dan..." I teared up. "His birthday is next week... We need to get out of here..."

"Damn, you look like shit..." Seán said. "You've been here for three weeks?"

"I've been suffering more than I thought I'd be..." I teared up. "How is he?"

"He's broken.." Mark said. "He's been staying home, alone.."

"Shit..." Seán said. "FUCK!"

"What, baby?" Mark asked.

"Signe!" He said. "Today was her doctor's appointment... We were going to learn the gender.."

"She's pregnant?" I asked.

"Yeah.." Mark said. "She's our surrogate.. She was nervous about the pregnancy, so she wanted us to come with her and hold her hands when she went for the ultrasound.."

"That sucks, mate..." I said. "I... I need to get out of here.."

"We all do.." Seán said. "Our kid cannot be born without us there... and Dan needs you.."

"I need him..." I teared up.

"Hey faggots.." The man walked in. "Having a little party?"

"You know what, fuck off.." Seán said.

"Seán.. Please stop.." Mark said.

"No!" Seán snapped. "Bring it, dickhead..."

"Seán, shut the fuck up!" I yelled.

"I know how to shut him up.." The man pulled Seán's head back by his hair, then laughed. "No... I have a better idea.." He held a knife to Mark.

"Please don't..." Seán choked back tears, still trying to show his strength, but right before my eyes, I witnessed his facade crack and fall apart. "No!" He screamed.

"Se-án.." Mark coughed up blood. His eyes were terribly bruised as fists entered his face, and he was repeatedly kicked in the ribs. "I-I love y-ou.." Mark was slowly fading out of consciousness. The man kept hitting him, and with every blow, Mark bled more, until he was laying in a puddle of red.

"Mark..." Seán cried.

"Ta-ke- good care.. of Signe..." Mark's eyes closed, but opened again. He looked up at the man standing above him, then thrusted his fist between the man's legs, rendering him a feeling of defeat.

"Mark..." Seán cried more.

"It's your fucking fault..." The man looked into Seán's eyes.

"You killed him..."

"You fucking made me!" He smacked Seán across the mouth. "Your smart mouth!"

"Fuck off..." Seán spit at him.

-

"Signe?" PJ called. "Dan?"

"Did you hear anything?" She asked, desperately.