Thirteen

"May we have the rings?" Phil's mum said. "Yeah... I'm officiating your wedding, Philly..."

"I missed you, Mum..." Phil smiled, holding my hands.

"Let's get you married..." She smiled back. "I understand the grooms have prepared their own vows.... Dan?"

"Thank you Mz Lester..." I said. "Phil.... My love... When we met, it was in a very unusual place. But when I looked into your eyes the first time we met..." I placed my hand against his cheek. "I knew there was something special about you, and I had to get to know you... and when I did.." I blushed. "I fell... I fell so fast for you... The first time you came over to my house, my brother... he didn't know what to think about you, but I know that if he was here today..... He'd want nothing more than to have you as his brother-in-law, and my husband.. And that's all I ever wanted for you.. You went missing for nearly a month, and it was pure hell for me... but now that you're back... I can't help but cry. I cry because I look at you.. and I remember how happy you made me the first time we kissed.. and how I am going to be able to wake up every morning to your beautiful smile... I love you so much Philly..."

"Now.. Phil.." His mum was tearing up.

"Dan..." He smiled. "The one thing I wanted before we met was to be treated better... I was arrested for something I didn't do, and the entire time I had known you.... You were constantly fighting for my freedom. I left a ring box on our nightstand, and got arrested moments later... But even as you momentarily questioned, you still put the ring on and visited me... It made the time spent away from you worth it.." Phil started to tear up. "I would've never suspected that I would be married by age 26.... and to the most handsome, loving, down-to-earth, thoughtful, most gorgeous... love of my life.... I'm living a dream, and I'm really hoping I don't wake up.." He giggled. "You're the best thing that could have ever happened to me, and yet... You still come up with ways to make me even happier, when I didn't know being that happy was physically possible... I love you.. with every fiber of my being..."

"It's time for the rings..." Phil's mum smiled. "Dan... Do you take Phil to be your lawfully wedded husband... to love and to cherish as long as you both shall live?"

"Absolutely..." I blushed, putting the ring on Phil's finger.

"And Phil... Do you take Dan to be your lawfully wedded husband... to love and to cherish as long as you both shall live?"

"I do..." He smiled, his eyes watering as he swapped my engagement ring out for a matching wedding band.

"By the power vested in me... I proudly pronounce you Mister and Mister Lester... You may kiss..." She smiled. Phil took me by the waist, spinning me and planted a passionate kiss upon my lips as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

When we walked back down to aisle, we held hands, happily giggling as husband and husband.

/

"Ready?" I grinned.

"You want to throw it together?"

"Yeah.." I blushed. Phil took ahold of the bouquet, and we tossed it into a crowd of people. It fell into a man's arms, but it wasn't until the crowd disbanded that we saw who it was.

"Seán...." Signe held a hand to her mouth.

"I've had this for a while.." He smiled, pulling out a small black box from his coat pocket. "I know this may seem sudden.. I know we have gone through a lot of shit these past couple of months.." He hesitated. "Signe.... I love you so much, and I don't know what would happen to me if I didn't have you in my life..." Seán opened the box. "Signe Hansen.. Will you marry me?"