Fourteen

"Thank you for coming in, Ashley..." I gave her a hug. "PJ explained.."

"I didn't want to tell him anything more... You're the only guy I wanted to discuss this with.." She wiped away some tears. "It's been hard.."

"I know how it feels to lose a sibling...." I said. "Look at it this way.... They're in Heaven together.."

"Yeah..."

"So, do you really want to drop out?"

"I'd rather help you..... For Sophie and Adrian..." Ashley sighed. "For Sophie and Adrian..."

"Then let's get started..."

/

"Hey love... I'm done here, so I'll need that ride..." I called Phil.

"I'm on my way, gorgeous.." When he arrived, I got into the car, and he planted a kiss on my cheek.

"I missed you.." I blushed.

"I have our dinner in the oven, and it'll be ready once we get back..."

/

That night, after we ate... Phil suggested we watch a film, and cuddle on the sofa.

"So how was work?" Phil asked, his arms around me.

"Harsh..." I sighed.

"How come?"

"Adrian's girlfriend..... Apparently kids at school were bullying her for still mourning over Adrian, alongside the act her boyfriend was murdered.... She was found dead this morning.." I explained. "PJ told me at work. Ashley didn't want to continue as a witness in the case because she was mentally unstable, but I talked to her... She's staying.."

"Wow...." He sighed. "I never thought she'd kill herself.... She was only thirteen..."

"She really loved my brother.." I said.

"I hope Martyn and Hazel don't end up having problems... Or any of our friends, for that matter.."

"I think they'll all be fine.." I smiled softly.

"Signe is getting bigger, and Seán is so sweet to her..." Phil said. "I'm just scared that Seán is completely over Mark... I mean... He died in front of us..."

"Seán's strong.... You saw one of your best friends die right in front of you, and you're here... happy..."

"That's different..." He sighed. "My boyfriend was back home... Let's.. Let's not talk about that anymore..."

"Okay...." I nuzzled closer to him. "No matter what happens at this next court date..... I will always love you, okay?"

"I know, love..." He smiled. "I'll always love you, too..."

/

I woke up that night, hearing a strange noise at the door.

"Phil... Philly?" I whispered. "Philly, there was a noise.."

"What?" He woke up.

"Love, I heard something.... Is someone here?"

"Not sure..." Phil yawned. "I'll go look..." He rolled out of bed, pulling on his pyjama bottoms, and left our bedroom. I followed behind after redressing myself.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Uh.... Hi..." Phil said. "Who are you?"

"Alfie... Alfie Deyes... I would've stopped by earlier, but I was busy visiting my girlfriend... in prison..."