Another new home

(Yayy! We've finally reached the present! Now this is gonna be where the real action kicks off, you'll also be surprised with how much these two have changed. You'll be seeing mostly Katrina before we get to Tae.)
__________________________________________________________

4 years later......

Katrina's POV

I woke up in this strange house laying next to this strange person. I couldn't remember what the hell happened, all I remember was Anne dragging me to this party last night. I got up and started looking for my bag. The entire house was in a mess and it seems like everyone there got a hangover. I couldn't go anywhere without almost stepping on someone. I found my bag in the bathroom and quickly bolted out before anyone noticed.

For dear life all I hoped that I didn't do anything too reckless last night, especially not with that dude who was next to me. I pulled out a cigarette and ignited it before I slipped it between my lips. I needed to get my mind off of that. It was 6:45am. I had 15 minutes to get home before Miss Casey realizes I snuck out last night.

So this is my life at the moment. A 17 year old trying to sneak back into her "home" after sneaking out last night. You could say my life changed a lot after Tae left me. I still miss him a lot, and I always wear the necklace that he gave me. I only ever talked to him once after he left but when his "mom" found out she took his phone and told him to stop calling me.

My life went back to the way it was, alone and friendless. I was so depressed after I really didn't care about impressing any of the parents to adopt me. I ended up staying at SM until my 16th birthday last year where they had no choice but to put me under foster care. But honestly, this place feels more like a jail to me.

I live with 4 other foster kids and they all just annoy the crap out of me. Miss Casey (my caretaker) isn't in any way affectionate either. She makes us go to sleep, wake up and eat at the same time and do chores and labour for her, not to mention be her own personal maids as "bonding exercises". These are her guidelines. Refuse any of them and we get kicked out, in which case no one else will want us, hence the reason I already live there. I have literally no where else to go until I turn 18, so I had no choice but to suck it up.

My only friend is my neighbor Anne. Since we started hanging out we've been doing all sorts of crazy stuff together. She's not exactly the best influence, but she always looks out for me and defends me in any situation. That's honestly all I'd need.

As I made my way down the street I looked in the direction of my house and saw a police car parked in the driveway. Shit! Don't tell me this crazy lady called the cops on me. I threw away my cigarette and walked onto the front porch. As I opened the door I was greeted by the sight of Miss Casey, two cops and someone who looked like a lawyer.

"Katrina! Where are you now coming out from?!" she practically yelled at me.

I pulled the hood of my jacket off my head as I proceeded to speak. "I went to a party last night, so what? You didn't have to go mad and call the cops."

She got so mad I'm pretty sure I saw the vain popping out of her forehead. "I'm mad? You're the one who's mad! I thought you were missing young lady!"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever, just ground me or whatever and get this over with. I need some sleep." I walked away from them and was about to go to my room when one of the officers stepped in front of me.

"Excuse me, but where do you think you're going?" he said as he rudely pushed me back.

"Um...to my room. What does that have to do with you?"

The lawyer guy behind the next cop then came out and started talking.

"Katrina, you have been a nuisance to your caretaker as well as the other kids. We've been getting continuous complaints about you. I'm sorry to do this, but we're relocating you."

I stared wide-eyed at the man. "What? You can't be serious. I just settled in and you're moving me somewhere else?!"

Miss Casey dragged two suitcases out of my room and handed them to me. "I'm sorry but I cant have you around the other kids. You're a bad influence on them, and I don't have the will to keep correcting you" she said with a grim look on her face. "You obviously will never change your ways."

Now that statement left my mouth open a little. But before I had the chance to say anything more, the two officers dragged me out of the house along with my luggage. I struggled desperately trying to escape, but they wouldn't allow me. Only thing I could do at this point was yell. Dear god I hope Anne went home last night.

"Anne! Anne! Get the f**k out here and help me!" I practically screamed.

"Shut your mouth!" one of them said as they pulled me further away from the house. "Profanity from you, especially directed towards me can land you in jail young lady," the other one had the audacity to say.

Suddenly I saw Anne running out from her house towards me. "Where the f**k do you think you're taking my friend?!" She jumped on one of the officers causing them to let go and for me to escape. Man I love this crazy girl!

We both started fighting with the officers. I kicked one of them and Anne punched the other one in the face sending him straight on the ground, she was always the strong one of both of us. Just as Anne and I were about to run, the lawyer guy came behind Anne and knocked her on the head, causing her to go unconscious.

"Anne! Why you little b-" Before I could say another word, the cop dragged me into the car. He handcuffed me to the seat so I couldn't move as the next one quickly jumped in with my luggage. The car then drove off and all I could do was sit there crying for help as we left the house, leaving Anne behind unconscious.

"Jeez, if I knew this was gonna be so tough I would've never done this" one of the cops complained.

The next one rubbed at his face that Anne had punched. "Just shut up and drive faster. Let's drop this kid off fast before anything else happens."

The rest of the ride was the two cops conversing with each other about who knows what, I couldn't care less. All I could think about now was where the hell were these guys taking me.