Katrina and Taehyung (Part 2)

Taehyung's POV

I guess this is yet another start for me. Another chance at a better life. Hopefully it ends well this time...

I'm Kim Taehyung, or Taehyung Kim as I'm supposed to call myself here. And as of now I feel like I'm in the last place a child would want to be. In a foreign country, surrounded by people who have barely any interest in me.

Among all the kids here and their backstories, I won't assume that mine is the worst, but it's definitely far from the best.

I was a simple boy who lived in the countryside of Daegu, Bisan-dong in Korea. From ever since I could remember its always been just my parents and I, but we were our own happy little family. Everything was great, until one eventful day...a day that will forever haunt me no matter how hard I try to get over it. 

___________________________________________________

Skipping around, avoiding the cracks on the sidewalk I couldn't be more excited to head home. Mummy and Daddy had promised if I did well on my test I would finally get the puppy I wanted. So guess who's ready to shove this A in their face and bring TaeTae Jr. home? This guy!

Quickly pulling the report card out of my bag I picked up the pace as I turned the corner of our street. Too absorbed in the contents of the card in my hands I was oblivious to the scene in front of me. I suddenly became engulfed in a huge dome of smoke. Looking up, my heart halted within my chest. 

The porch, the backyard, our entire house...was in flames. 

Firefighters were at the scene around and inside desperately trying to stop the out of control blaze. I couldn't move, my entire body was numb with a feeling I wasn't quite sure of at the time. Fear, vulnerability, a life changing dose of such. 

Using whatever hope and courage I had in me, I ran past the firefighters braving the deathly element which spread throughout the door frames, floors and structure of the house. Destroying the place, the only place I had called home. That didn't matter though, the only thought on my mind was my parents.

The further I ventured and avoided the flames it became harder to breathe, to hold onto the will I had to keep going. But I had to find them. 'They had to be okay, they will be,' was all I kept repeating. 

The shouts coming from the kitchen drew my attention and I rushed towards the doorway which had been cleared and extinguished. They were there, they're okay.

That was what I thought, it was what I hoped for with all my heart.

But what I saw after only made me realize,

Having hope only ended in disappointment.

"Mummy! Daddy!"

"What's he doing here?! Get him out before the place crashes down!"

They dragged me away, separated me, from the two people I loved most in my life. And I was vulnerable through all of it.

"No! Let me go, please! My par..my parents..."

My body shut down, eyes fluttered shut, leaving with me one last vision of my parents buried under rubble, bodies lifeless engraved in my memory forever.

___________________________________________________

After that, everything went downhill...

___________________________________________________

"Auntie, are we moving?"