Chapter Five

A sleepy groan escaped Negan's lips as the sun seeped through the blinds, and he rolled onto his other side in an attempt to sleep a little longer. He hadn't slept much, finding it hard to after his little moment in the bathroom. A child's cry filled his ears as he let out a sigh, waiting to see if it would stop, but when it continued he pushed himself out of bed. He pulled his shirt on over his head as he walked out of the bedroom, moving towards Judith's, nudging the door open with his foot as he smiled. "Hey angel," he greeted, and her soft cries subsided, being replaced by small whimpers as her eyes turned to him.
   He walked over to her crib, leaning down to lift her up and out with a grin. She placed her tiny hand on his cheek as he carried her out of the room, sniffling as some snot covered her nose. "Let's get you some breakfast, yeah?" She whined at his words, resting her head on his shoulder as he carefully walked down the stairs to the kitchen, and after locating her high chair he placed her in it. She looked up at him with sleepy eyes as he scrounged through the cabinets for some baby food. "Ah-ha," Negan grabbed a small jar of applesauce, twisting off the lid as he found a spoon in one of the drawers, whistling as he walked back to her.
   She giggled, bouncing in her seat a little as he pulled a stool over so he could sit. Scooping up some applesauce, he held it up so she could take the bite, which she gladly did as she placed her hand over his. He smiled at the little girl, wondering how Rick managed to keep her alive through all this, his respect for the man growing slightly as he continued to feed her. He'd never hurt a child that couldn't defend themselves, that went against what he stood for. She was this world's future, and he'd be damned if some asshole came in and destroyed that.

Author's Note: Soooo, I absolutely adored writing this chapter. I personally loved how his gentle side showed when he met Judith, and I think it a genuine admiration of her. Let me know what you think! And don't forget to vote :)