Chapter Eight

Rick tried to focus on what he was doing, her soft moans filling his ears as he thrusted up into from her spot on the bathroom counter, and he silently begged for the thoughts to go away. He eventually found release, panting breathlessly as he kissed over her shoulder, and she slowly untangled her hands from his hair before looking at his face. "You okay?" she asked him softly, concern filling her tone as her eyebrows knitted together. He nodded slowly once he caught his breath, though she didn't seem to believe him as she frowned. "It's him, isn't it? He's getting in your head...." This is what amazed Rick; how she could read him like a book and know exactly what he's thinking, as well as her ability to help him sort it all out.
   Rick nodded once more with a sigh, straightening up as he pulled out of her, tossing the used condom in the trash as she waited for him to speak. When he didn't she continued, "You can't blame yourself for what happened to Spencer and Olivia...that was on him." Rick knew this, and all he could do was nod. He couldn't tell her that his thoughts weren't about that, but on the way Negan's breath had hit his skin earlier, and how his lips felt on his neck-- the very image exciting Rick as he let out a shaky breath.
"You're right." he sighed softly, fixing his jeans and belt as Michonne slid off the counter to get dressed. He watched her silently, desperately wishing he was thinking about her, but nothing....just him. Once finished, she turned to face him, placing a hand on his cheek as she smiled warmly. "I'm gonna head to bed. You coming?" she asked, and Rick shook his head. "Not yet...I'll be in later." She gave him a long look before finally nodding, walking out of the bathroom. Rick leaned against the counter, rubbing a hand down his face as he groaned softly. "Keep it together Rick."