Chapter Three

Author's Note: does everyone like this so far? I'm working extremely hard. Let me know or I may not be able to continue :)

   Rick set Judith in her crib gently as she cooed, who looked up at him as she squealed softly, holding onto the side of her confinement. "Good night, sweetheart." he whispered lightly, leaning down to kiss the top of her head before walking out of the small room, closing the bedroom door behind him. Negan hadn't left yet, causing a strain in Rick's night, and he made his way back downstairs as he pondered over what to do. He turned the corner, finding Negan in the living room, arms stretched above his head as a groan escaped his lips. Realizing Rick was in the room he turned. "So, where am I sleeping?" Rick frowned, stopping in his tracks as Negan walked over to him, wide grin pulling at his lips. "Sleeping?" Rick repeated, looking at the man in confusion, who simply chuckled.
   "I just figured I'd stay here tonight, get to know you a little more." he replied, winking playfully as Rick looked to the ground, scratching his chin as he thought of what to do. "There's plenty of empty houses that you could--" Negan held up a hand, slowly closing the gap between the two men. "I'm staying here, no arguments." His voice was laced with a menacing threat, and Rick quickly stopped talking as he met his gaze once more. "A- alright." Negan grinned even wider, patting Rick's cheek a little harder than necessary before cupping the back of his neck, pulling him in closer as he took a deep breath. "Good...I'm glad to see you're learning quickly." he spoke softly, holding Rick's gaze as he talked, and Rick gulped letting out a shaky breath.
"Well, I'm exhausted. I think I'm just gonna go ahead and crash." Rick stepped to the side as Negan pushed passed, heading upstairs as he was left alone in the silence.