Chapter Ten

"Where were you?" Rick asked as he paced around the living room, Michonne leaning against the wall with her arms crossed as Carl stood between them, his head down. "I went to see Enid...over at Hilltop." he replied softly, and Rick looked at him confused, this being the first time he'd heard of her no longer being in Alexandria. "You didn't ask to-" he stopped himself, knowing he'd regret it later on as he sighed. "Dad...Daryl's there. So are Maggie and Sasha." Rick's heart skipped a beat as he son said this, and he looked at Michonne who gave him a hopeful look. "We could take him down." she said softly, and those words shouldn't have effected him the way they did.
   He looked away quickly, "Negan can't find out Maggie's still alive, at all costs." he stated, gesturing to the ground with his pointer finger. Both Michonne and Carl nodded, and he scratched his chin. "Go to bed." Carl looked down, turning to head up the stairs as Michonne moved closer to Rick. "What happened to your lip? It's busted." She frowned as Rick reached a hand up to his lip, and when he pulled it back he noticed that a little blood coated his fingers. "I don't know." She reached out to rub his arm gently, smiling as she leaned in to kiss his cheek. "Come to bed. You need rest." He nodded slowly, allowing her to pull him upstairs to the room they shared. Only one thing on his mind....something he knew would come back to bite him.

Author's Note: I'm sorry this is a shorter chapter I'll try not to make them this short often, just when I need to. It's more a filler chapter lol anyways please (if you love this shipping) watch the video at the top. It is...wow lol feedback and vote!!:)