the final chapter (24)

I wake up and look at the clock. it was already noon. I looked at my side inspecting my cut. I wish I could remember what happens to me. I get out of my bed and feel a pain shoot throw my side. it felt like someone punching me over and over. I try to for get about it and walk over to Tabi's bed. She was awake and was starring at the celling.

m: Tabi? did you get a cut too?

I asked and she nodded. She pulled her shirt down slightly to show me a cut going across her chest below her neck. These cuts don't just happen. I would know because Chance had one one.

flashback

I was at the academy with Tabi. we where in our room when chance runs in. his shirt was in his hand and I looked to see at huge cut going across his stomach. he looked at me and the next thing I know he was on the ground unconscious. I ran over to him kneeling on the ground.

m: Devan!!

I yell. Devan runs into the room and looks at chance. His face goes white and he picks him up. we go into the intermarry and Devan hands him off to the doctor, Taylor. Devan turns to me and Tabi.

d: girls I need to talk to you

we follow him into his office.

d: so you girls seen what happened to chance, and I think you two have been here long enough to know this. The mark on him wasn't caused by anything..... normal.

Tabi and I looked at each other the back at Devan.

d: it was cased by a slasher

I don't known why but the name hit me hard

d: a slasher has a rare kind of power. they normally have a mother power but in rare cases they have this gift to. if a slasher cuts you it will damage a part of the body depending on where the cut is. chance most likely have problems walking for a while. the effects from the cuts only last for a month though. Girls I can't tell you who's a slasher and who's not, you just need to be careful.