30.

I push Harry away once more and glare at him, confused at his behavior. "What did you want to talk about?" I pester once more, causing him to run his hands through his hair. His eyes narrow, most likely annoyed with my behavior. 

Gently, his fingertips begin to graze the bare skin on my arm. Goosebumps immediately appear at his soft touch, bringing a smirk to Harry's lips. "Do I need an excuse to come see you?" He questions, nearing my body once again. I roll my eyes and step backwards, my back hitting the wall.

"Did you need an excuse to send two free girls away?" I snap. Immediately, the atmosphere around us completely shifts. Harry's body stiffens at my words and his jaw tightens. His eyes fall to the wall behind me as he drops his hand from my arm. I raise my eyebrows, anticipating some sort of answer from the man.

The silence around us quickly becomes unbearable. The air feels stiff and the walls feel like they move closer to the two of us. 

"It was you or them," He finally states quietly. I wasn't even sure if I heard him at first, I thought I just imagined the words escaping his lips. He peeks through his eyelashes at me, observing my reaction. I didn't have one.

I could imagine any other girl in this mansion would jump him on the spot. The Harry Styles chose to keep her over his two sex toys. They would kiss him immediately, and proceed through the rest of their day bragging that Harry cares for them.

I couldn't find myself to do it.

He chose to "save" me, a girl who already has to serve him for at least 5 more years, over two women who had already earned their freedom. It was more than likely Dalton was going to force the pair to stay for another 10 years, despite the fact they were already free. I don't understand why Harry felt like he had to protect me. 

"It wasn't a chose between me or them. You sent two free girls back into slavery. You're actually okay with that?" I question, unintentionally raising my voice. Harry rolls his eyes and laughs a bit.

"You're absolutely unbelievable Harley. Unbelievable," His husky voice states. I watch as Harry steps away and rubs his face most likely in frustration. "I keep thinking I have you figured out, but you always know how to surprise me," The words escaping his lips were calm, which infuriated me. 

"How the hell do you have me 'figured' me out?" 

He scoffs, "You're just a lost and broken teenage girl picked off the streets from New York. You were the only one supporting your family, so now you worry about them constantly. More than likely, you probably had some daddy issues along the way, but that's unimportant now," 

Without thinking, words begin to slip from my mouth, "What about you Harry, huh? At least I'm not you. Nobody knows shit about you around here. Odds are your entire family left you because you're an absolutely toxic human being. You act like you're the center of the universe and don't seem to care about half of the people here. Two girls that you frequently slept with are probably going to live the next 10 years in hell. Not only that, you're expecting me to be grateful for what you did. Believe it or not, I can take care of myself and sure as hell don't need you to do it for me," 

His mouth opens slightly, obviously a bit in shock about what I said. "Don't ever mention my family again," He growls, getting a hold of my wrist and gripping it tightly. 

"Or what?" I challenge, trying to ignore the pain spreading throughout my arm. 

"I will send you over to Dalton as his next sex slave," Harry drops my arm and storms down the stairs, leaving me alone. I rub the sore skin that he just held so tightly in attempt to comfort myself.  My head falls back against the wall as I stand in silence trying to process our heated exchange.

My thoughts are interrupted once I hear the bedroom door creak open. Kat's eyes peek out from behind the wood, glancing towards my figure. Almost immediately, a tear falls from my eyes and Kat runs from the door and pulls me into a hug. Once I'm within her confines, my body breaks into uncontrollable sobs. 

"Did you hear all of that?" I question, hoping for the girl to say no. Instead, she only rubs my back in response. I couldn't even fathom why I was crying. There was no particular reason for me to, but every word Harry had said hurt. "I need to get away from him," I whisper, finally realizing the pain he seemed to cause me. 

"Listen," Kat begins, pulling me away. "I know you think space is what you need right now. It may be true, but I heard that whole conversation. You both really do care about each other. Although Harry might not show it, I know you are the most important thing to him right now. If you try and resist whatever y'all have, it'll only hurt you more," 

As thoughtful as her words were, I couldn't help but think how untrue they were. Harry does not care about me. A stupid word in a journal was not going to change that. As much as Kat urged for me not to resist him, my mind was already made up. The damage he has already done proved to me he is not someone I could ever care for. 

I was going to stay as far away from Harry Styles as humanely possible. 

-

A/N: Yay drama. Yay Harley being stupid. WOO fun times in the kingdom. I hope you all enjoyed this update. I will see you all very soon.

-R.