A Talk With Ms. Peters

Ms. Braxton's P.O.V

Why? Why would they do that? Why me? I have never done anything to them, so why would they play such a cruel prank on me. I don't get it

The same words were repeating over and over again in my head for nearly 24 hours. I just don't understand why they would target me

Currently I was sat in the staff room making myself a cup of coffee trying to calm down my racing thoughts.

I sat down on the long comfortable couch and another teacher sat down beside me. I think her name was Ms. Peters.

"Hey, how are you settling in" the teacher asked with enthusiasm

I was taken aback by her question as I wasn't even 100% sure who she was. "Ahh, alright I guess."

"I heard about yesterday, how are you feeling?" she asked in a concerning tone

"Honestly, mentally drained" I sighed and slouched back into the couch. "Can I ask you a something?"

"Sure, go ahead"

"why would they do that to me,  i haven't done anything to them. So why would they play such a wicked prank on me"

"Oh honey, you can't think like that"

"Like what?"

"Like they are out to get you, if there is one thing you need to know is with DD is you cant take it personally."

"What do you mean?

"I mean, DD has played pranks on every single teacher in this school. Some more than others. Some worse than others. But at the end of the day, they are just pranks and you need to keep that in mind.

"I guess your right" I took a deep breath calming my nerves while looking down at the floor.

"So... Was Alex much help setting up last week?"

The thought of singing Christmas songs with Alex brought a small smile to my face

"Yeah we actually got it all..." I stopped mid way in my sentence and furrowed my eyebrows. I looked back up at her interested face. "How do you...?

"Oh I'm sorry, Adam told me" I still looked at her quizzically and she continued. "He told me that you had asked Alex to help you set up"

"I asked Alex to help me set up?" I asked myself more than the teacher.

"You did ask her to help you set up, right?" I could hear the teachers anger bubbling up in her words. That's when I realized that Alex had skipped class and spent it with me instead.

"Ahhhh" I started to shake my head. "Yeah,yeah" I put my hand over my head. "Sorry my head is just all over the place since yesterday. Yes I asked Alex to help me set up" I smiled sweetly hoping that she believed me

"Oh good, for a second there I thought she might have just skipped my class and told me that lie" she started to chuckle a little and I joined her out of awkwardness.

"You have no idea" I whispered under my breath.

when she calmed down she spoke again with a smile. "I know your new here, But next time send me a note or let me know one of my students are with you cause we wouldn't want them running around the school unsupervised." She didn't speak in an angry tone, it was more friendly.

"Oh Yeah sorry, I just completely forgot. You know with it being my first day and the whole DD thing."

She smiled brightly "No problem" I couldn't help but mirror her expression.