Doritos

Sam's P.O.V

"Boring, Boring, Boring" With every flick of the remote my mood seems to feel more depressed by the second.

"Its Saturday night, how the hell is there nothing to watch on TV" Currently I was sat on my couch upside down trying to entertain myself with not so entertaining television.

That's right you heard me, I'm sitting upside down on my couch, just like a toddler home sick from school with nothing else to do with their life. That's how bored I am.

I turn off the TV feeling frustrated with my own boredom. I move my head slightly so I am staring at the ceiling.

I scrunch my eyebrows "Was my ceiling always that color?" I tilt my head slightly to the left and squint at the ceiling.

After a minute or so I release the effort it took to concentrate and sigh loudly. I start to sigh a few more times and before i know it, I am whistling.

I continue to whistle for a further 10 minutes before my mouth stops whistling and start just making noises.

My mouth is moving up and down rapidly trying to preoccupy myself, eventually i stick out my tongue and start playing with it, I wiggle it around and even try to touch my nose.

After several failed attempts i give up and breathe out

I take a deep breathe before speaking in a loud deep voice. "Echo, echo, echo, echo" Each word getting quieter and quieter

I furrow my eyebrows "How do you know you're bored? Oh that's right you make your own echo using the word 'Echo' because you're not just sad but also very very uncreative"

"How do you know your going insane?" I quickly snap my neck towards where the sound of the voice that was not my own came from.

"Oh that's right you start to have a full conversation with yourself because you don't have any friends to listen to you ramble on about nothing."

I scrunch my eyebrows together as the voice moves closer to me "Alex?"

She smirks "The one and only"

She places the bag that I only just noticed she was holding onto the floor as I spun myself to sit up straight. "What are you doing here? And how did you get in?"

"Saving a friend in dire need of human contact, obviously." I rolled my eyes at her. "You weren't responding to my texts and I got worried and besides who the hell still hides their spare key under their mat, this isn't the 1980's Sam."

I smirk slightly. "Yeah I dropped my phone in the toilet and now it wont work"

"Wow, you're just a bag full of brains aren't you? Well never fear, your best friend is here to save the day, like always"

Alex quickly stands up and grabs the bag she brought before dragging me to my bedroom with a smile on my face.

Once we reach the doorframe she drops her grip on my forearm before throwing her bag at the end of my bed and diving on it.

"Please, make yourself comfortable"

She turns to face me with a smirk. "Oh, we both know I don't need an invitation"

I slowly stroll over to my queen size bed before laying down next to Alex on it. "Hey, is your dad home?"

"No why?" I ask looking at my bedroom ceiling

"Just wondering, where is he?"

"Gone on a date with Deirdre." I turn to face her and raise my eyebrows. "Why, you jealous?"